drag tires

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
im lookin for a decent street strip setup for tires and wheels...i was thinking 15inch 6cylinder wheels with some 255/60-15 mickey thompsons et street radials...do you guys think this setup will work well for me...considering i can get the wheels for dirt cheap...will the 255's be enough to put down the power to the floor? :rockon:

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
i have a set of the 17 inch et street radials, they will gain you a couple tenths, but you are alot better off buying real slicks, its what I did

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i have a set of the 17 inch et street radials, they will gain you a couple tenths, but you are alot better off buying real slicks, its what I did

I almost said that but if he wants to change them at home and drive to the track then the ET streets are the way to go.

And
ET Streets>BFG for a track only tire.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
i wouldnt mind buying a set of real slickksss...i could alawys just drive there and change them there..im not to familiar with them though...could you guys give me some info on them!thanks

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
your the man thanks.....

quick question....will these fit the 15 inch v-6 wheels...26'' x 10.5'' - 15''LT?

i appreciate your help..

coolguy10786

Established Member
Personally I'd go
ET Street Drags
If the track is close (Within a couple miles you could drive it but they won't last long.)

+1

I have them mounted on 16 inch pony rims and the work very nicely. I always swap them out at the track because i run them at about 12psi or so, and the pick up every damned little rock.

However, swapping tires at the track is a pain and gets old, unless you are there all day.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I run 28" ET Street Radials on my Draglites, but if they are track ONLY tires, I would go to a slick. That being said, even though I run MT's for the street/track, Hoosier Quicktime Pro's hook harder.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
well they will be only track wheeells and seee ocasional street use for a night or so every now and then. im not sure if i should put them on some 15 inch 6 cylinder stockers... or use my 17 inch stocks....what do you guys think? i cant seem to find a et streets for the 15 rim that will fit the narrow 7 inch wheel...could i fit the 26X10.50-15LT on the 7 inch rim? also there is no 17 et streets that fit the stock wheels...

will it be that much difference with the et streets and et street radials for my car? should i just put the 315's street radials on my bullits for my everyday and track tires? or will they wear out to qucik?

My94GT

Established Member

i daily drove on bfgs for the past year including a small snow extravaganza (which sucked) but even in heavy rain they did great. and they hooked real well at the track. i had them on both 15x8 welds and 17x8 cobra wheels:banana:

but now that i have a dd im switching to MT drag radials on the 17s and slicks on the welds prolly

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
well they will be only track wheeells and seee ocasional street use for a night or so every now and then. im not sure if i should put them on some 15 inch 6 cylinder stockers... or use my 17 inch stocks....what do you guys think? i cant seem to find a et streets for the 15 rim that will fit the narrow 7 inch wheel...could i fit the 26X10.50-15LT on the 7 inch rim? also there is no 17 et streets that fit the stock wheels...

will it be that much difference with the et streets and et street radials for my car? should i just put the 315's street radials on my bullits for my everyday and track tires? or will they wear out to qucik?

you can get a 26x11.50x17 et street, non radial I had them for my gt, now I have et drags on my 15 inch prostars, way better. I won't waste money on drag radials anymore

My94GT

Established Member
you can get a 26x11.50x17 et street, non radial I had them for my gt, now I have et drags on my 15 inch prostars, way better. I won't waste money on drag radials anymore

:dw: there are people deep in the 10s on 10 inch drag radials, they cant totally be a waste of money

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread