Drag time 7000 ft. above sea level

67bigblock

Established Member
So a buddy ran his 69 sportsroof with a built big block 13.3 in the 1/4 but the track was at roughly 7000 above sea level and he keeps a way too small Holley 600 on there due to the thin air and a few other issues.
So what should it run at sea level and what should it run at sea level with a real carb (like an 850)?

blwnblk96

Established Member
Hard to say what the carb will do without all the info on the motor. However the change in altitude should shave a solid seond off the ET.

67bigblock

Established Member
Hard to say what the carb will do without all the info on the motor. However the change in altitude should shave a solid seond off the ET.

Motor is a mildly built 429 with mean huge flow heads and a solid lifter Lanoti cam producing about 400 - 450hp. Motor would have come with a 750 even if it wasnt built. Could use an 800 cfm I'd guess.
So you think the change in altitude would amke the 1/4 time a second faster.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
theres a track at 7000 ft.? dam. i thought i milehigh was high.

That is like average air at our track. I think there is conversion factors that take your time at higer elevations to sea level. I have a print out at home I can get the link or try to post it up if you are still interested. The altitude def. affects NA more than FI as well.

Users who are viewing this thread