drag style suspension help asap!!!

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
was talkin to a buddy of mine that has a 600hp lightning and he watched me at the track and says i need suspension work..

so my ? is what kind of suspension do i need to go faster at the track and to get better weight transfer..any websites or parts would be great...thanks

all thats done to it now is a belltech 3/4 drop with shocks springs shackles and hangers..i'd like for it to sit the same or a lil lower if possible

i have 480/485

i did:
1.70 60ft
7.5 1/8m
12.1 1/4m

i spun the slicks on the wheel itself about 3 inches..

any help with suspension options would be great..its a "boss" f150 not a lightning btw

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have cut 1.45-1.48 consistently with this combo, Of course I have a few more ponies too.
Up front:
JDM Drag springs 1.5 coils cut off and QA1 12 way shocks set on 2
Sway bar removed
Bogart D10's 5x15 wheels with MT sportsman 28x7.5 tires
Rear:
Hotchkis leaf springs and Hotchkis/Bilstien HPS 1000 shocks
Detroit trutrac 3.73 gears
JLP 54" traction bars
Bogart D10's 10x15 wheels with MT 315/60/15 DR's tires

Last edited:

uae_lightning

Street Force Motorsports
Established Member
My truck is stock.. but one thing can be done ( Not mentioned here ) is that you can rellocate the battery to the trunk make sure its on the passenger side and just a bit infront of the tires so that the weight might help a bit get traction.

Reason for batt being on Passenger side is die to the Tank being on the Driver side and Already has weight for left tire traction...Yes even though shes and LSD .. But just do it..

I am planing on Some traction bars and lil bit of suspension work After I rebuil the trans and get'er some Crank pullie and tune.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
i dont think a 20 pound battery is going to change anything unless its the beganning of a lot of different weight reductions...ive heard lots of good things aboutthe qa1 shocks with the right ...traction bars

uae_lightning

Street Force Motorsports
Established Member
True, But weight it weight man.. You take the load from front and put it to gain traction on the rear.. + It's a cheap mod to do too..

Don't forget that this is an FR truck meaning that the rear end is WAY lighter than the front.

Rook

Established Member
you need more weight on driverside because of the torque of these trucks. im assuming you are going to put screws in your rims to keep the slicks from spinning. ssthis and fuzzie and me have similar setups that scubba matt has. by the way im a believer of jdm drag springs. they work .

Users who are viewing this thread