drag setup

whistler04

Established Member
I am looking to change the setup on my 04 GT to a more drag specific setup. Right now I have tokico non adjustable shocks and struts with steeda ultralite springs and a set of nitto 315/35/17 DR's on my DD bullit rims. Now I am thinking of putting some 15x4 weld prostars on the front and some 15x10 on the rear and I was wondering what 3in studs do you guys recommend? And since I have a stock rear except for 4.10 gears what tires do you recommend I run, I was heard ET streets are a lil too much for a stock rearend. I was thinking about the MT dr's, also what shocks & struts would be good for a drag setup and do I need to change my springs? If you guys could give me and advice I would appreciate it

BooRail85

Banned
I used moroso 3" studs.. part #46185.. Also Run the et street radials on stock rear, dumping at 5K .. rear is holding up so far..

I would suggest some good adj. struts/shocks, but for money conservation, lakewoods are very good.. also look into some drag springs, or at least stockers.

CALYPSO HATCH

Banned
I went with...

Lakewood 90/10s
Lakewood 50/50s
Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors
MT ET Streets
3:73, and the car has a HOLEshot like crazy.

dragrace162

Established Member
i have a sonic blue 04 gt also, has fox 4cyl front springs, fox v8 rear spings, lcas, no front sway, lakewood 90/10s up front, and full length subframes so far. been 12.6 at 105 on motor with a 1.67 60'

on spray the 60' has only been 1.63 so far but ive only made a couple passes.

btw my springs are cut for a drop also.

Users who are viewing this thread