drag radials

fiveoh

Established Member
I am going to get some drag radials and wanted to know if 315 drag radials are too much or I should just stick with 275 drag radials. Also what kind do u guys reccomend? Would 315's blow my rear?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by 94CobraPace
It would depend on the rims size. On the stock 8" rim, the 315's would not fit, you would have to get the 275's.

crssvt

Established Member
I have the Nitto 275's on a 9" rim. Does anyone know if the Nitto 315's will fit the 9" rims?

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by crssvt
I have the Nitto 275's on a 9" rim. Does anyone know if the Nitto 315's will fit the 9" rims?

Fit, yes. Work worth a damn or be safe? NO.

You need at least a 10 - 10.5" rim for a 315 tire.

crssvt

Established Member
I was just wondering because I have 275/40/17 Nitto 555's on the front with 9" Cobra R's and 275/40/17 Nitto 555 R's on the back on the same wheel but they are narrower. I had heard that the Nitto drag radials were narrower than the regular versions and thought the 315's might fit. I am saving up for some matching 10.5's from AFS but thought I might be able to get away with the 315's on the 9" wheels for now.

fiveoh

Established Member
How are the Nitto 555R's in the rain? Are they doable with for a daily driver? Thanks for any information

crssvt

Established Member
They are very doable in the rain. I participated in a high speed autocross school at Blackhawk Farms a couple weeks back in a totally waterlogged environment. It rained all day long! Didn't have any problems, unless I created them for myself. The rears currently have about 7000 miles on them and are still in pretty good shape all things considered. I will definatley run them again but would like to step up to the bigger size along with some wider wheels.

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by crssvt
I had heard that the Nitto drag radials were narrower than the regular versions and thought the 315's might fit.

I had the same question as you a few weeks ago. It is pretty much common knowledge that a 315 wont fit (or work well) on a 17X9 rim.

Thats true....exept for Nitto D/R's. The Nitto 315 DR's run VERY small, they are actually about the size of a 275 in any other tire. Just don't attempt to run ANY other manufacturers 315 on a 17x9.

And it's only the Nitto DR's that run small, all other Nittos styles are "normal".

A Nitto 315 D/R will fit on a 17X9 rim, and work fine. There are lots of 03' guys over at stangnet and the corral that are running Nitto 315's on their stock 17X9's

Fear not! ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread