Drag radials

Bottlefed GT

always tired!
Established Member
just wondering if anybody has any experience with hooser drag radials,someone slashed my current tires so looking for a replacement thanks

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
M/T ET Street Radials. Hands down. I have the power listed below and these things hook like crazy. They're tested and proven.

I have 295/45/17's. They are great.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Heard nothing but good things about the Hoosier drag radials. And the Quick Time Pro's may be the standard for their class right now.

Bottlefed GT

always tired!
Established Member
looked at mickey thompsons but they were on backorder, have used nittos before and werent happy and tried bfgs but wore out very quick

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
looked at mickey thompsons but they were on backorder, have used nittos before and werent happy and tried bfgs but wore out very quick

The 315 Mickeys are on backorder, but the 295's are available. The 315s are actually a shorter tire than the 295's, and it is my opinion that the taller tire hooks up better.

I've had the Hoosier Quick Times in the past as well. Hoosier is a good tire, I'm not sure how long they last street duty wise.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I ran a set of 15" mickey drag radials on my car, one night at the street races and promptly took them right back off. The ET streets are much better, at least its done spinning at the top of 1st gear, not the middle of 2nd.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I ran a set of 15" mickey drag radials on my car, one night at the street races and promptly took them right back off. The ET streets are much better, at least its done spinning at the top of 1st gear, not the middle of 2nd.

Maybe it's your set up. I dump my car @ 5500rpm on 15" MT DR's and pull high 1.5's. I also pulled low 1.5's in my lightning with the 30" tall version.

Almo

Established Member
just wondering if anybody has any experience with hooser drag radials,someone slashed my current tires so looking for a replacement thanks

Awesome tire! My 10.88 with upper only was ran on Hoosier DR with 60' in the 1.60s (track was cool). I recently just uninstalled my 28" Hoosier DRs and I can tell you first hand, these hook better than when I had ET Streets on the car. To say the least, Hoosier DRs are now my favorite tire... :beer: Keep in mind though, they are going to wear out pretty quick... they might even wear a bit quicker than ETs do.

In the end, you can't go wrong with either an ET or Hoosier DR. :rockon:

Lastly, seeing your car and guessing at the numbers and knowing you pretty much can't go WOT in 1st on the spray... get a Nitto DR and call it a day. They will last longer and hook good on the street when they are warmed up a bit.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread