Drag radials to rear end

wildaries83

Established Member
I have been reading many different things about whether or not our stock rear ends can handle drag radials. Well all the posts seem to be fairly old. So with this in mind if you are pressing 420rwhp-450rwhp will the stock back end hold up to drag radials? If so, do you have to slip the clutch or can you dump it? Thanks.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have been reading many different things about whether or not our stock rear ends can handle drag radials. Well all the posts seem to be fairly old. So with this in mind if you are pressing 420rwhp-450rwhp will the stock back end hold up to drag radials? If so, do you have to slip the clutch or can you dump it? Thanks.

You'll need some suspension mods to run a sticky tire. After market Rear upper control arm like the BMR or after market rear lower control arms. Are a good start to prevent wheel hop. Not a bad idea to have the axle tubes welded too.

wildaries83

Established Member
I already have the supporting suspension mods. I have pretty much evrerything done to my car other than FI and cams. End of this week twin disk goes in. Then there is nothing else to do other than internals, and FI. So with that said, wheel hop is no where near an issue for me. That is why I am curious if the rear end is gonna shatter or not.

stang1971

Established Member
i ran dr's on my first m6 2011 for about 6 months.... 285/40/18....... 14 psi... 5500 launch on stock suspension.... 1.6 60's every time.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
OP if you have all the suspension mods, have the axle tubes welded and install a rear end girdle. Then you don't have to worry about it.

D.T.R

Established Member
we have a FORD 8.8 rear end. You don't have to worry about it... unless you're making a shit ton of power lol

Users who are viewing this thread