drag radials on a DD

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
anyone have nitto DR's on a daily driver? i'm thinking of putting them on my car cause I heard they're ok to drive in rain. any info/experience?

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
yep ive got some 315's on my car d/d and love them.. good burntout and the hook pretty well,and in the rain they hook better than my old stock tires....

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I DD 100 miles a day on my nittos. They are only 300 bucks on ebay for the rear 275's. I have never had a problem in the rain. i guess when they are worn down they would be bad in the rain, but that's true with any tire.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
If your Cobra's black I wouldn't suggest it, they kick up rocks like crazy and will leave little white chips EVERYWHERE on your bodywork behind your rear tires.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
i have BFG drags on my car and dont recommend them if your going to drive in the rain. Nittos all the way tho. My friend has 305/35/18 nittos on his car and they are fine in the rain.

Sergio

Established Member
i did for about 4 yrs and then got a pick up for daily driving. i dont see a problem with it, but make sure to have plenty of tire pressure when its raining, or youll be asking for trouble.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Sergio said:
i did for about 4 yrs and then got a pick up for daily driving. i dont see a problem with it, but make sure to have plenty of tire pressure when its raining, or youll be asking for trouble.

I run mine at 30 psi and they are fine in the rain. My brother runs them at 25. max is 44.

Venom351R

Established Member
Im currently running nittos and have been caught in the rain a few times and I have not had any issues. You just cant be stupid when it comes to DR's and wet pavement.

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
yea I figured I'd get the 315's on the rear(since the nittos run smaller) and they'd be a good touch with the 4.10s that are going in...Just don't wanna die when the road gets a little wet :)

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
matsm21 said:
yea I figured I'd get the 315's on the rear(since the nittos run smaller) and they'd be a good touch with the 4.10s that are going in...Just don't wanna die when the road gets a little wet :)

I have 4:10s with 555Rs and they are ok. You just have to drive like a old lady who shouldnt be driving in the rain. It blows yo. But when its dry...:burnout:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i've run NItto Drag Radials in the 275/40 flavor for the past 3 years as a DD tire.

No problems at all. not even in the rain.

*Edit* after reading the last couple posts: i've only had one bad experience in the rain - that was when it was storming BAD and i had cruise control on on the freeway and hit a puddle. Wasn't anything bad, but it hydroplaned slightly. Car stayed straight but i could tell the rear skimmed across the top.

I have no reservations at all driving my stroked cobra with 4.30 gears on nitto drs in the rain. NONE at all. my car has been driven in the rain countless times.

Last edited:

Black Stang 97

Established Member
yeah im running 275 nitto drag radial with 4.10's, its my daily driver and have driven it on the rain.... seems ok... just be carefull...

97 slowbra

Banned
I couldnt drive with my nitto dr's and 4.10 as soon as they started wearing down..It would start spinnin 4th at quarter throttle at like 30....Almost wrecked the car on the way home one time in the pouring rain..Went completly sideways goin around a slight corner..Wasnt even on the gas either...Note: bought new tires the next week...:)

Users who are viewing this thread