drag racing!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I only race dead stop!!! Makes driver ability more of an issue. It's not always who has the faster car. That's what racing is all about, the whole package!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I don't let many people drive the cobra, But in the old 5.0s I had before I would love to beat my friends, swap cars then beat them in mine with their own car. Classic!
Now the cobra does double duty, Fri. night drags, Sat. Road course, that's the only roll racing I like. One with turns. :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know the feeling there. My LX is faster than the Cobra in the 1/4 but no way in the world would it beat the Cobra from a roll. Doesn't stand a chance. I can get the LX out of the hole 100x faster than I can the Cobra. I just stay away from street racing all together. It's a $300 ticket out here with the chance of the car being seized. No thanks. 2 tracks within an hour of here so its not even worth thinking about it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Me too. 2 tracks within an hour, Hell one is 8 miles from the house. My street racing days ended long ago. Well mabye every now and then.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
sled said:
does anyone race dead stops? every time i hear about a race on here its from a roll. does anyone race from the dig or are we the only ones who do that here is P.A. im just wondering. :shrug:

Most people race from a roll since the car they are racing is in a traffic area. Not feasible to stop and block traffic. That includes highways. Who hasn't had to defend their cars honor on the highway?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
DaleM said:
Who hasn't had to defend their cars honor on the highway?

I have had the car since Feb. Not one race on the highway. Haven't even been provoked by anybody to race on the highway. They can try all they want, I just won't do it. :shrug: Too many things can go wrong at any given time. I'd rather be at the track and have something go wrong with the Ambulance crew sitting at the end of the track waiting for me.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
when your license is your meal ticket you stay away from any street racing...i won't even go out and watch.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Chris_H said:
. They can try all they want, I just won't do it. :shrug:QUOTE]
So you've never used your cars power to beat someone to a turn off spot because they were pacing besides you? Even in LC? I've had mini vans pace me before and it drives me nuts. I speed up they speed up, I slow down they slow down...arrrghhh
Every now and then I will gun it and go..makes me feel better. I do street race, done from the roll, the stop, the curves the straights. A race is what the racers agree to, be it on foot, with boots, whatever...
Life is about choices and chances. You can't do shit about the chances but have to deal with your choices. I choose ZOOOM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
DaleM said:
Chris_H said:
. They can try all they want, I just won't do it. :shrug:QUOTE]
So you've never used your cars power to beat someone to a turn off spot because they were pacing besides you? Even in LC? I've had mini vans pace me before and it drives me nuts. I speed up they speed up, I slow down they slow down...arrrghhh
Every now and then I will gun it and go..makes me feel better. I do street race, done from the roll, the stop, the curves the straights. A race is what the racers agree to, be it on foot, with boots, whatever...
Life is about choices and chances. You can't do shit about the chances but have to deal with your choices. I choose ZOOOM!
I think intentionally racing somebody and trying to get away from some clown next to you that can't make up their mind on how fast/slow they want to go is 2 different things. Since you are from around the area, you know these people seem to be the worst drivers around. Yes I will speed up to get away from them, but it's not going from a 40mph roll up to 120+ to try and get away from them. In fact heading to El Paso on Tuesday I sped up to get away from some clown. My dad was with me while visiting and said "you drive just like me. I hate that crap." I just don't think its worth the risk of racing on the street. This is my daily driver. I have a wife and kid to think about. Just not my style. I won't rag on people for doing it, because I know it happens. Just pray to God that if somebody hits my family while racing, that they (the driver racing) are killed in the accident.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Honestly I hope no one is killed but it seems the perp usually lives and the innocent die or lose a loved one. El paso seems to have it's worst times at or around High School graduation.
Most racing accidents here are when the driver loses control and it's usually a single car accident. I have seen a few multiple car collisions around here, most of it is from your regular dumbass not your glorified racing dumbass. Hey i resemble that remark?
I do miss Elephant Butte! If you get time check out the f150world online site and look up a truck called "fast4x4". That's my baby before the Cobra.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Dale, shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures of Elephant Butte that I took 2 weeks ago. [email protected] You won't even recognize it. Here is a sample picture...

DSCF0134.jpg

Calypso Vert

Established Member
Sorry to go off topic but geez, it is a shame that Elephant Butte has turned into that. I always loved going there for fishing and skiing on the weekends. The water that low is just ridiculous. Probably about time to sell the boat. If the water gets any lower, the goats will be able to walk off that island! Know if they are even still there?

SynMan5.0

Established Member
sled said:
defending your cars honor is one thing! but when people meet up and go out and race from rolls i think thats stupid and racing in areas with traffic is stupid. i street race all the time but i pick good roads. if you dont have good roads dont race! bottom line! if your car doesnt hook thats your problem learn how to drive and get some tires!

Exactly.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
and for those talking about tickets and loosing your car, a wise man once told me:
"it aint wrong if ya dont get caught" :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
and for those talking about tickets and loosing your car, a wise man once told me:
"it aint wrong if ya dont get caught" :beer:
Thats what I told the police when my wife showed up missing :D

Users who are viewing this thread