drag racing tips

94n2boost

Established Member
OK, went to Pony Wars this past weekend and had a blast, but my question is what can I do to help with the launching and 60 ft times.

My average 60 ft was around 1.9 w/ 11.7 @ 122mph

running MT drag radials 305/30-18 @15psi

seemed like most of the guys were hooking up pretty good.

maybe the Cobra Jet drag springs?

manOwar

Established Member
I wish I could have made it... I'm just across the state line on US1 and know Rich and the MMJAX crew also. I'll be home mid May and will make a few trips to the track if you want to go...

To knock you 60's down, you'll need adjustables on the front and rear with a set of rear drag springs.... Cobra Jets are OK if you are stock height, if you are lowered, I think Evo sells some drag springs... rdsnk46 is running them IIRC.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
LCA relocation brackets
CJ springs would help as well
were you spinning?

94n2boost

Established Member
I wish I could have made it... I'm just across the state line on US1 and know Rich and the MMJAX crew also. I'll be home mid May and will make a few trips to the track if you want to go...

To knock you 60's down, you'll need adjustables on the front and rear with a set of rear drag springs.... Cobra Jets are OK if you are stock height, if you are lowered, I think Evo sells some drag springs... rdsnk46 is running them IIRC.

Give us a shout when your back!

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
I was there had a great time didn't run the car though, but sure enjoyed watching everyone else with theirs... I think I got some pictures of your car posting them here for you not to threadjack

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

wish you would have beaten my buddy's vette but oh well car still looked great
IMG_3233.jpg

94n2boost

Established Member
I was there had a great time didn't run the car though, but sure enjoyed watching everyone else with theirs... I think I got some pictures of your car posting them here for you not to threadjack

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

wish you would have beaten my buddy's vette but oh well car still looked great
IMG_3233.jpg

That's now my car, he had the same year and color as mine. Mine has Shelby across the trunk and hood like the SS. But we had about the same times in the 60', I ended up running 11.6-11.7's

Nice Pic's!!!

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Practice. Go to the track more often. Don't waste your money on suspension mods yet. With mt drag radials you should be able to get some 1.6x short times with stock suspension.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
That's now my car, he had the same year and color as mine. Mine has Shelby across the trunk and hood like the SS. But we had about the same times in the 60', I ended up running 11.6-11.7's

Nice Pic's!!!

I suck let me look again :shrug::cuss::bash:

Edit: nope i guess i quit taking pictures of the same car because I thought it was the same car... evidently I failed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread