Drag Race Brake setups

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
Hey guys,
Im thinking about changing my setup and want to drop more weight in the front. I am trying to lighten my car as much as possible.
Front setup is oem cobra brakes, hawk hp pads, stainless lines, weld rts 17's (f), 15's (r).
my budget would be around 1k with some wiggle room as there is always the unexpected odds and ends, etc.
I am not worried about street manners that much. i have a trailer and it only sees a handful of miles on the street. i could also sell my 17's and move to a 15's.

options -
areospace street
baer deep stage kit
wilwood front drag kit

general impression of the kit you are running?
is there anyone who has had one and switched to a different setup?
seen a difference in ET's?
anyone have pictures of their setup to show which brakes clear which wheel?

looking for all around general opinions if you ran have ran any of these setups.

-i have seen quite a few guys running the areospace, more so than others. sounds like areospace has a love it or hate it reputation.
-baers have a pretty decent reputation, just dont see that many guys running them.

thank you.

Last edited:

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
How well is the car stopping with the current brake set up?

decent. i have hawk pads in the calipers now. mainly looking to shed rotational mass and if i can improve braking thats a plus too. trying to stay t56/irs so i need to shed weight everywhere i can.

I’m running the Baer setup. Love it so far!

how long have you been running them? comparison? how much weight did you save?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I had a baer big brake 13.5" kit before. Weight savings was substantial. So far so good. I got them bedded in today. I have a TNT tomorrow so I'll let you know lol. But based off of how today went cruising around it was very very nice and I'm not the least bit concerned of it stopping my car.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
I had a baer big brake 13.5" kit before. Weight savings was substantial. So far so good. I got them bedded in today. I have a TNT tomorrow so I'll let you know lol. But based off of how today went cruising around it was very very nice and I'm not the least bit concerned of it stopping my car.

okay yeah, that would be a lot of weight going from that big of a kit. im looking forward to hearing how they work for you tomorrow. thank you for the input!

SVT_Troy

Established Member

So you have the Baer 6pot big brake caliper setup on OEM cobra rotors now or did you switch from those to the 4pot lightweight 11” Baer setup?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I had a 13.5" two piece baer rotor with a Baer Alcon Type B 4 piston caliper. you can check out my build thread in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread