DR / Track HELP!

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I finally got some DRs mounted on my car and will be visiting the track Wednesday to try and beat my old pb of 12.98 @ 111 on Sumihomos. (all stock with K&N)

The car now has bassani catback, UPR o/r x, and a boxed sct tune for 93 octane (mostly did to turn off rear 02s, bump limiter to 6800, traction off, etc).

Anyway, this will be my first time running on DRs... so my questions have to do with launching. Do i use the burnout box now? i know on street tires it a no-no but i dunno bout DRs. Also any good advice for how to launch and get out of the hole good? DRs are the Nitto 555R in stock size.

Thanks in advance guys!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Drive around the water box and back up into it. Get the drag radials wet then roll out
a little bit and do your burnout in front of the water box...not in it. Nittos need
a lot of heat in them to hook. Make sure you do your burnout in 2nd gear. That will
generate a lot of wheel speed, which in turn will heat up the tires nicely.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
do you just dump the clutch in second real high in the revs to get em to spin like that? i just don't wanna break anything.... i'm not used to beating on it that bad!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
do you just dump the clutch in second real high in the revs to get em to spin like that? i just don't wanna break anything.... i'm not used to beating on it that bad!

Dump the clutch when doing your burnout. Slip the clutch when launching.
You don't have enough tire or suspension mods to dump the clutch when
launching.

PushinTheLimit

Established Member

He's talking about what to do after he gets out of the water box... not at the tree.

Dump the clutch after revving it good in 2nd and slide your left foot over on the brake asap. Hold it till you just start seeing a little bit of tire smoke and roll out.

With the Nitto's, you'll probably still have to feather it out of the hole as they just don't hold like Hoosier's or M/T's. Good luck and post your results. :beer:

Wayne64SS

Established Member
yea, i was referring to the burnout when i asked about dumping... will do!

thanks for the advice guys, i'm all amped up to see what she's got.

Users who are viewing this thread