Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
This.

But damn, its a ****ing bloodbath today...the likes of which i havent seen since ‘08.

Im not buying anything yet, btw-I truly feel the market bottom is lower. Much lower.

I'm starting to think you're right. Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person. Here is PA at the supermarket hand sanitizer is sold out, toilet paper almost sold out. Paper towels, bleach, cleaning supply shelves all empty. People are panicking.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The MSM is doing nothing but throw gasoline on the fire to hurt Trump. Well, and everyone is afraid of being sued for not doing enough to prevent a death.

jacker1991

Established Member
Mamma to the rescue.

Statement Regarding Repurchase Operations - FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK

The Open Market Trading Desk (the Desk) at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has updated the current monthly schedule of repurchase agreement (repo) operations.

Beginning with today’s operation and through March 12, 2020, the Desk will increase the amount offered in daily overnight repo operations from at least $100 billion to at least $150 billion. In addition, the Desk will increase the amount offered in the two-week term repo operations on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 and Thursday, March 12, 2020 from at least $20 billion to at least $45 billion.

Consistent with the FOMC directive to the Desk, these adjustments are intended to ensure that the supply of reserves remains ample and to mitigate the risk of money market pressures that could adversely affect policy implementation. They should help support smooth functioning of funding markets as market participants implement business resiliency plans in response to the coronavirus. The Desk will continue to adjust repo operations as needed to foster efficient and effective policy implementation consistent with the FOMC directive.

Detailed information on the schedule and parameters of term and overnight repo operations are provided on the Repurchase Agreement Operational Details page. The Desk will release the next monthly repo operation schedule for the March 13, 2020 to April 13, 2020 period on Thursday, March 12, 2020 around 3:00 PM ET.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Mamma to the rescue.

Statement Regarding Repurchase Operations - FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK

The Open Market Trading Desk (the Desk) at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has updated the current monthly schedule of repurchase agreement (repo) operations.

Beginning with today’s operation and through March 12, 2020, the Desk will increase the amount offered in daily overnight repo operations from at least $100 billion to at least $150 billion. In addition, the Desk will increase the amount offered in the two-week term repo operations on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 and Thursday, March 12, 2020 from at least $20 billion to at least $45 billion.

Consistent with the FOMC directive to the Desk, these adjustments are intended to ensure that the supply of reserves remains ample and to mitigate the risk of money market pressures that could adversely affect policy implementation. They should help support smooth functioning of funding markets as market participants implement business resiliency plans in response to the coronavirus. The Desk will continue to adjust repo operations as needed to foster efficient and effective policy implementation consistent with the FOMC directive.

Detailed information on the schedule and parameters of term and overnight repo operations are provided on the Repurchase Agreement Operational Details page. The Desk will release the next monthly repo operation schedule for the March 13, 2020 to April 13, 2020 period on Thursday, March 12, 2020 around 3:00 PM ET.

They DO NOT want the markets locking up.

Ticker MEOH down 50% in 2 months, so many tickers looking attractive. Dividend nice at 5.84%

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
OILD, WTI

Tread carefully on these two:
OILU, GUSH
Hope you got in on OILD.
001.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Damn. Im gonna play some OilU

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Like I said, I would highly recommend treading carefully... I predict it might continue to go down this week. the other concern is that there is a potential for this to liquidate. It's a gamble for sure. Placing money in this is gambling that you think an oil trade truce occurs and oil rebounds before this liquidates or reverse splits.

But with that said, one tweet from Donnie about something positive related to OIL and this will jump up

VenomVeins

Established Member
I'm starting to think you're right. Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person. Here is PA at the supermarket hand sanitizer is sold out, toilet paper almost sold out. Paper towels, bleach, cleaning supply shelves all empty. People are panicking.
Yep.

Panic has set in here too. Had to go to a few stores and literally all the shelves of soap and hand sanitizer were wiped out. Bottled water was also nearly picked clean at Vons and Target as well.

Went out to eat for lunch and dinner this weekend with my girl and the joints were ****ing empty. Best service we’ve ever had lol.

Its a good thing for these filthy ****s to be extra cautious with cleanliness, but holing yourself up in your home is some hilarious doomsday shit.

Just booked a dirt cheap flight package to Vegas at an MGM grand suite to catch a front row dirt cheap country concert (My lady loves Zac Brown)

Im not going to stop enjoying life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread