Double checking my thought process

01yellercobra

Established Member
As I mentioned in the other thread I managed to get my car running today. It fired up and after about 30 seconds the idle actually cleared up and was idling pretty smooth. Smooth enough it worried me.

I was doing the datalog and the STFT's maxed out at 1.25. So I pulled 25% and bank 1 was 1.10-1.17. Still high. But bank 2 was in the .86-.90 range. I changed it to 20% and bank 2 was just about dead on at 1.00-1.05. But bank 1 was at 1.25 again.

While looking things over I heard a small leak on the driver side (bank 2) exhaust. Looking around the garage I saw the reducer for the X pipe I forgot to put in. I'm also suspect of the new O2 sensors I just installed. So my plan is to pull the mid pipe and install the reducer. And also swap O2 sensors side to side to see if the issue follows the sensor.

The parts list is Fore return system as a dead head set up. ID1050X injectors with a BA3000. I swapped in my Bassani catted X with the new O2 sensors.

I think that about covers it. What y'all think?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Looks like it was the exhaust leak. I fixed that and swapped the injectors and both banks maxed out. Pulled some more fuel out and they started switching. Although bank 1 is still a little slow. But that could also be my computer lagging a tad.

It does kind of bug me that at idle the difference between the banks pushes the 5-10% difference to the max. But once it hits 1000rpm they're right in line with each other. I only did a couple quick step tests to make sure everything was running better.

One thing that caught me off guard was the first cold start. The car barely idled. I shut it down and restarted it and it fired up fine
Is this a dead head thing? I'm assuming I can tune it out.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you're pumps running full time or like stock when ignition is turned on?

Mine is running full time, and when starting car on a cold start up I can actually hear the fuel moving through out the lines or regulator. I'm dead head. No hard starts.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you're pumps running full time or like stock when ignition is turned on?

Mine is running full time, and when starting car on a cold start up I can actually hear the fuel moving through out the lines or regulator. I'm dead head. No hard starts.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I wired mine to prime like factory. I wanted to keep the FPDM in place. It just caught me off guard. To be honest I don't think I gave it the normal couple seconds I gave the old set up. It needed it to prime since I deleted the PPRV. If it is a tune thing I'll find it. Right now I'm just happy it's running again.

Users who are viewing this thread