double charging, really!!!

trickey1

SPTN VNM
Established Member
i guess its not actually double charging but my bank is holding $452 of which i do not have for a purchase that has already cleared from my account therefore my account is overdrawn and they will not release the funds until they receive a signed document from lethal performance stating i only made one purchase for that amount. i have made 3 purchases total from lethal performance and this is the second time this has happened... i am completely po'd and by the way i make many online purchases and i have only noticed this happening when i make purchases from lethal, now to be fair it maybe the amount of the purchases as to why i dont notice it happening from other companies but when i get declined for dinner at subway when i should have money in my account is embarrassing!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
most companies do this, they bill you twice and refund one when the transaction is done
and to be honest if you cant afford a 5$ sandwhich after you buy mods maybe its time to start setting the priorities straight

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i guess its not actually double charging but my bank is holding $452 of which i do not have for a purchase that has already cleared from my account therefore my account is overdrawn and they will not release the funds until they receive a signed document from lethal performance stating i only made one purchase for that amount. i have made 3 purchases total from lethal performance and this is the second time this has happened... i am completely po'd and by the way i make many online purchases and i have only noticed this happening when i make purchases from lethal, now to be fair it maybe the amount of the purchases as to why i dont notice it happening from other companies but when i get declined for dinner at subway when i should have money in my account is embarrassing!

I apologize about the inconvenience, however it is not really Lethal that is causing the issue. For some reason your bank is holding the funds until the transaction clears, whether it is still pending or even a refund. Have you called and talked to any of our sales associates? If you can get your bank on the phone and we can provide the transaction ID with your card holder they should push through any holds on your account that relate to us. We've never had to provide a signed document to any credit card company or bank. For issues like this please call us directly so we can handle the situation promptly.

Thanks,
Matt

trickey1

SPTN VNM
Established Member
most companies do this, they bill you twice and refund one when the transaction is done
and to be honest if you cant afford a 5$ sandwhich after you buy mods maybe its time to start setting the priorities straight

really! well maybe you haven't learned to read yet but it was a $450 purchase, sorry if i dont keep an extra $500 laying around my checking account :bash:

trickey1

SPTN VNM
Established Member
I apologize about the inconvenience, however it is not really Lethal that is causing the issue. For some reason your bank is holding the funds until the transaction clears, whether it is still pending or even a refund. Have you called and talked to any of our sales associates? If you can get your bank on the phone and we can provide the transaction ID with your card holder they should push through any holds on your account that relate to us. We've never had to provide a signed document to any credit card company or bank. For issues like this please call us directly so we can handle the situation promptly.

Thanks,
Matt

I did call but it was after hours so I left a message, I will call again in the morning. So how exactly do I prevent this from happening again because the first time I didn't overdraft but I did call Lethal and they said it was my bank so i called my bank and they said it was Lethal. I'm def on a budget and can't afford anymore than the cost of the parts. :shrug:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
a bank hold is exactly that. Your bank is holding funds due to their practices.

It's not lethal.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I did call but it was after hours so I left a message, I will call again in the morning. So how exactly do I prevent this from happening again because the first time I didn't overdraft but I did call Lethal and they said it was my bank so i called my bank and they said it was Lethal. I'm def on a budget and can't afford anymore than the cost of the parts. :shrug:

Like virtual said it's based on the banks policies. We have no control on whether or not they are going to hold the amount on your account for whatever reason. However like I said, all you need to do is get your bank on the phone and conference us at Lethal and we can give them some information to lift the hold.

Matt

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The "hold" which is actually an authorization is an agreement between your bank and our merchant service provider to keep those funds available. Once we actually push the transaction through and "capture" it the bank will release the funds. The hold should then be dropped however some banks keep the hold longer than others.

If you need us to provide you with any info for your bank please give us a call today and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Also- This only happens for orders placed online. When you purchase something over the phone there is no "authorization".

Let me know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

trickey1

SPTN VNM
Established Member
The "hold" which is actually an authorization is an agreement between your bank and our merchant service provider to keep those funds available. Once we actually push the transaction through and "capture" it the bank will release the funds. The hold should then be dropped however some banks keep the hold longer than others.

If you need us to provide you with any info for your bank please give us a call today and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Also- This only happens for orders placed online. When you purchase something over the phone there is no "authorization".

Let me know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

Thanks for everything guys I know I probably over reacted a bit and it was mostly due to my bank telling me there was nothing they could do until they received written documentation from you, however I called them back this morning and raised Hell until they released the funds. So once again thanks for everything and in the future I will place orders over the phone until I find a new bank.

Users who are viewing this thread