Double adjustable lca

latinheat1018

Established Member
Ok what kind of sounds am I supposed to expect when I install these control arms? They're the double adjustable from bmr.
I keep hearing some sort of metal clanking and idk if that's what's expected or not. All I can find from reviews is that they are "loud"
I'm kind of freaking out. But this is normal then I'm cool with it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You shouldn't hear any clanking. Make sure your rod ends are not adjusted to where they are not centered parallel to the mounting bracket. If they're cocked a little sideways they can make contact when the axle articulates.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its normal. Since both ends are spherical rods bearings, theres nothing holding the arm "in place". My upp er BMR spherical rod end is obviously attached to the rear end diff mount which prevents it from moving.

Seals it makes a rod end boot for the BMR sized rod ends. the kit you want is:
RERS36PK. I bought the install tool as well. Another member chimed in on a similar thread a few months ago and said it quieted it down a little. I still have to install mine... damn backlog of things I need to get done to the car for this fall keeps getting bigger lol.

For the performance the rod end arms give me, I can live with a little noise, but Ill also do what I can to make it a minimum noise.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The double adjustable I installed had the poly bushing on one end. So if you have double rod ends, then what LT posted will be the likely result.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Its normal. Since both ends are spherical rods bearings, theres nothing holding the arm "in place". My upp er BMR spherical rod end is obviously attached to the rear end diff mount which prevents it from moving.

Seals it makes a rod end boot for the BMR sized rod ends. the kit you want is:
RERS36PK. I bought the install tool as well. Another member chimed in on a similar thread a few months ago and said it quieted it down a little. I still have to install mine....

This...I had some metallic sounds on washboard surfaces that drove me nuts. I bought the boots (which are a pain to install alone on your back - didnt know about the tool! - as they need to stretch a lot to slip over the heim joint), but it was night and day noise-wise.

latinheat1018

Established Member
I'll look into the boots for sure. I made sure that the rod ends are parallel precisely because that was my initial suspicion. I may just install my stock control arms to see if the noises go away. If they do, then that will give me peace of mind which is what I'm looking for. Typically I can't hear anything once I have my music going.
Thanks for all the help

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dinosgt

Established Member
I'll look into the boots for sure. I made sure that the rod ends are parallel precisely because that was my initial suspicion. I may just install my stock control arms to see if the noises go away. If they do, then that will give me peace of mind which is what I'm looking for. Typically I can't hear anything once I have my music going.
Thanks for all the help

Good plan - and the exchange of parts is reasonably painless.

Let us know what you find.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Make sure your locknuts are tight. I had some clanging with mine when I first installed them. Drove me nuts. Finally got back under the car and found one of the locknuts was loose. Couldn't tell just from a visual inspection.

Now I get constant squeaking from them.

latinheat1018

Established Member
So finally took the control arms off and reinstalled the stock. The noises I was hearing was the exhaust pipe hitting the body at certain rpms. I took care of that and now the only noise I really notice is squeaking. Like metallic stress squeaking. Which I would say is normal now.
All nuts were torqued to the specs suggested by bmr.

Users who are viewing this thread