Double adjustable Koni question

hades_1

Established Member
Hi, I have a question regarding the dual adjustable koni I recently bought from Griggs racing: Griggs Racing Products

I know how to adjust the rebound (at the top of the strut tower (clockwise = softer)) but I am not sure how to adjust the compression? I can see the adjustment screw ==>

(the part circled in red, right?)

But I do not see any markings on it to help with the adjustment. Currently the ride is very bouncy, they told me they set it to compression 4 (out of 12, if I remember correctly) but I cannot see any indications on the current settings and how to adjust it?

Is it also counter-clockwise = stiffer?
No problem with adjusting compression with the car on the ground, right?

Any help appreciated...

hades_1

Established Member
Thanks. How did you get these suggested settings? They are roughly my settings (4 clicks on compression and 1.5 turn from full soft on rebound at the front; 1 turn at the back (fixed compression)), but I find them way too bouncy. If I take a corner moderately fast, it bounces all over the place.
So I guess there is no way to know the current compression settings, other than by fully turning it one way and then counting back the number of "clicks"? (I hope it does 'snap' between the clicks so that it's easy to set both to the exact same settings).

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I got those setting from Griggs when I inquired on what to set my Koni Single Adjustable struts to on the street and they gave me those settings but they were for a Double Adjustable.
When I said I had the SA Koni struts they said go 1.25 turns in from full soft and see how you like it and adjust from there.

Whats your spring rates?

Last edited:

hades_1

Established Member
C/O spring 2.5"x 10"x 350lbs at the front and 5x10.5x 350lbs at the back.
I also have their TQ arm and panhard bar.
I am just trying to find settings that would make it more fun to drive and it feels like the compression might be a little bit too soft (+I am doing auto-cross over the week end and I am trying to figure out how to safely adjust the compression for this and then tweak it back afterward).
Thanks for the help :)

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
C/O spring 2.5"x 10"x 350lbs at the front and 5x10.5x 350lbs at the back.
I also have their TQ arm and panhard bar.
I am just trying to find settings that would make it more fun to drive and it feels like the compression might be a little bit too soft (+I am doing auto-cross over the week end and I am trying to figure out how to safely adjust the compression for this and then tweak it back afterward).
Thanks for the help :)

It looks like you have the stock location rear spring.

I had a similar set up from them on my old 95, it had a few upgrades from their GR40 Super Street kit.
350lb COs up front and 225lb COs out back with their Track 1 shocks and the severe duty torque arm and panhard bar, along with the 4500N rear lcas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread