DOSL ... cop wrote wrong model and style

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The LEO can change the information on the ticket to what is correct, and pacing is a legitimate way of determining your speed.

The only way I can see getting out of it is to see if their is a dash cam tape available, request a copy, and see if he actually paced you.

Drew1204

Established Member
Or stop speeding with a suspended license...

your car slow you can't even speed if you want... serious thread is serious

License shouldn't have been suspended... lawyer said he had it taken care of and its as reinstated--guess not.

Drew1204

Established Member
The LEO can change the information on the ticket to what is correct, and pacing is a legitimate way of determining your speed.

The only way I can see getting out of it is to see if their is a dash cam tape available, request a copy, and see if he actually paced you.

Thanks, where do I go to find if its available to get the dash cam video?

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
your car slow you can't even speed if you want... serious thread is serious

License shouldn't have been suspended... lawyer said he had it taken care of and its as reinstated--guess not.

Did you try to say, "Your car is too slow. It couldn't speed if it wanted to"? :poke:

Yeah, guess not.

Last edited:

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Check DMV records to see if license is in fact suspended. If its not bring proof to court that license had been reinstated prior to the ticket. If you were speeding then just suck it up and go to court. I was caught going 17 over once and the judge offered to knock it down to 10 so I could take the class due to the fact that I was truthful and admitted that I was speeding.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Basically, the only thing that will save you at this time from the allegations brought upon you is if the prosecutor/judge decide to be lenient on you and reduce the charges. Any clerical mistakes made by the officer can and will be mended and will not affect the severity of the allegations.

And if in fact you were un-licensed at the moment in time that you received the citations, stating that it was a mistake by your lawyer is not going to hold up, the fact remains that your license was suspended.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hi,

Got a ticket for driving on suspended license and a ticket for speeding.

For the speeding ticket it was not radar and not laser, it was "pace." Anyway to get out of that? Speed limit was 35, he said he paced me at 45-50... I was definitely not going close to 50.

On the ticket he wrote the correct VIN, but the wrong model and the wrong style (# of doors) would that be enough to get out of anything?

Who knows the best lawyer in the Phoenix AZ area?
. All you have to do is tell the judge that you were "definately not going close to 50". Say it sincerely and I am sure you will get out of the ticket. The wrong number of door will definitely get you around the driving on a suspended. The judge will not like a cop who can't count.

I think bill Clayton over on 28th ST knows the best lawyer in Phoenix.

ModularFan

Established Member
Ask your lawyer if you have one, to obtain a copy of the dash cam video, if it infact had one and was recording at the time. Also obtain a letter from DMV stating your license is in fact reinstated and present to that to the judge. Alot of times things like that don't register in the computer right away that's why it may still come up suspended good luck!

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Thanks, where do I go to find if its available to get the dash cam video?

You hire an attorney as you have no idea what you're talking about. Hopefully he is smart enough to know what to do.

This is not legal advice, it is common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread