door window removal

NC Mystic

Established Member
how do i pull the window out of the door? undid all the interior panel bolts but can find were to release the window from the motor? (battery is dead and driver window motor is not working anyway)

also if anyone knows how to remove the metal brackets attached to the bottom of the glass that would be great

i am pulling my motors and windows to make lexan windows with gt350 comp pull straps (sourced the factory '65 shelby olive green straps with original hardware).

i plan to pull the glass, cut the lexan to shape, bake the lexan to the window shape and install the factory glass bracket to the lexan so it rides in the stock window track being moved by the strap

thanks all

c1.jpg

95PGTTech

Established Member
the glass is held to the window regulator by two 3/16" rivets. you need to lower the window until those rivets line up with the servicing holes cut into the inner metal door skin. once you have a straight shot at them, use a punch and carefully knock out the center of the rivet. then drill the head off with an oversized drill bit.

lower the glass completely so the regulator is as folded up as much as possible, then take out the upper seals. the glass will come out by tilting it forward. repeat the process on the three rivets that hold in the motor/regulator assembly. one electrical connector and then tilt it out through the large opening in the metal skin or out the top like the glass, your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread