Door lock problem

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
Whenever I turn the car to accessory, or on now my door locks are locking and then unlocking by themselves. Anyone have any idea what could have caused this or how to fix it? I havent changed anything on the car lately except the exhaust.
Thanks guys

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
Blown_By_You said:
Aftermarket keyless or security system installed, maybe one you don't even know about..
Hmm... I can ask the previous owner about that.
I know the stock Ford keyless remotes work which I use and the Keys both say PATS on them...

Also, It has only been doing this for the past week or so.

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
I used to have an S-10 that would do that intermintantly until I cut out the viper alarm that the previous owner had installed. It could be something more in depth like anti-theft or something of that nature, something I wouldnt be able to help with.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
That same thing use to happen to me with my old 95 GT, untill I crawled under the dash and found a aftermarket alarm so I took it all out and that fixed the problem.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Yeah, look up underneath the dash..Unless it was installed by me, you will see some wires and a black box that are not factory.. If the system is an alarm and you unplug the brain, you might not be able to start the car because they have installed a starter kill relay, which will break the starter wire in half and run it through a relay... Your factory remotes will work whether it has an aftermarket system or not.....

The door lock wires are found in the drivers kick panel, so you should be able to unplug them there and still leave the a/m system in..The factorywires that the "other" wires will be tapped or soldered into are pink/yellow and pink/light green....
good luck..

Users who are viewing this thread