Door lights

wayboarder

Established Member
I understand that this isnt a lightning however ive been really thinking about the feasability of a setup like this on my truck.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154298

It seems fairly easy and If done right it can make the inner door marker functional.

Also as far as lighting goes... Has any one thought of installing an auto dimmer to the dome lights like a BMW. Like instead of the interior lights turning on or off they dim on or dim off. I believe a little thing like that would make a large impact of the "luxury" of the truck.

BTW thanks Ride The for the auto window down on the passenger side. Love it since my install, and im gonna be expounding on it with a auto up as well.

Any comments on this idea would be vastly appreciated. Id rather not get into a Huge mess with it.

castellscl

Established Member
Had the exact same thing on my '92 F150. I did mine about 8 years ago. It was very easy, you don't have to file the ends of the LED's off. I just drilled some hole in the door panel under the handle and stuck them through. Then I just hot glued them from the back. Fortunately the 92 had the side markers already wired up and I just spliced the LED's into the bulb socket.

I've already done my hood, just like I had on my 92 about 8 years ago.

I just used the LED kits from VATOzone.

You can kind of see the LED's in the reflection of the Rad shroud.
hpim0032hc5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread