Door Handle Replacement

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Has anyone ever had to replace their outside door handle?
I need to replace mine and I am not sure how to. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.......

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
You have to drill out the rivet (need a GOOD bit) from the outside of the car then unhook the handle from the inside of the car.

I replaced mine with pieces from 5.0 resto and wish I didn't. They look good but they didn't fit as flush against the car as the stock handles do. It's really not that noticeable but I'm a little picky.

If they are broken, try an buy a Ford replacement. If they are just faded try an wax them, or scuff them up a little and painted them. My $.02

coupe5.0

Established Member
make sure you tape it up below the handle, the rivet gun tends to bounce... i learned the hard way.... the next car i did i just used some stainless bolts with nylock nuts.....

svt2205

Established Member
There's been a flood of handles on eBay for a while.

So far the repro parts I've picked up for my 93 have been poor imitations for the originals. Go NOS when ever you can. Talk to Jim at PPI, he can probably find you what you need. http://www.PerformancePartsInc.com

Henry

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Thanks for all the advice. I did get the door handle replaced. It was pretty easy and the duct tape was a great idea. I would have definitley scratched my car if I had not used it. I bought the handles from 50Resto and they look great.... Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread