Door code

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
OK, the card that is supposed to be in the glove compartment with the door key code isnt there nor is it in the manual packet. The book says the factory code is stamped on the side of the computer module. Where might this module be?

DougT

Established Member
I don't know about that , But In the Past I have had truck's that we just take to the Dealer and they Plug it in and It give's the Code.

Sonic04

Established Member
I had the same problem. The computer is located above where you might rest your left foot. Look up under towards the firewall. The code on mine was a small white label with black letters. I think it was backwards from the way I was looking up at it.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
BK24 said:
OK, the card that is supposed to be in the glove compartment with the door key code isnt there nor is it in the manual packet. The book says the factory code is stamped on the side of the computer module. Where might this module be?
I had the same problem when I bought my L last year, as the original owner didn't leave that information in the truck. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they charged me around $35 to get me the code number. Once you get it you can't change it, but you can add an additional code number like your birthday (9-10-76) so you will never get locked out of your truck. When I did mine I didn't know you could find it yourself, so that's the way to go.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
If at first you dont succeed, dig the instructions out of the garbage. :D
I read it in the owners manual.

CCCSVT

Established Member
Or, you could always just call the original dealer, where it was bought new, and ask them. They keep it on record. (I had to do this after not driving the L for a month or so and the code leaked out of my brain.)

Users who are viewing this thread