doood.... bummer about your car....

LT1Porsche

Established Member
Last august i had to sit there and watch my porsche go up in flames b.c of a turbo fire. The fire was small when i first noticed it but when the fuel lines burst it was all voer from there. flames shot about 30ft up and the whole car burst into flames. I actually watched it for 15 minutes as it just burned and burned. My ex-fiance and her dumba** rabbit were the reasons it got so out of hand like it did. I was jsut about to put out the flames when her and her small sisters were crying for me to get the rabit out of the car. So i did. I set the rabbit next to the car but no that wasnt good enough I had to pick the rabbit back up and move her further away. Thats when the flames finished eating away at the fuel lines. Lets just say that the fiance and the rabbit are both gone.

LT1Porsche

Established Member
I honestly have to say I cried as I watched it burn and didnt as I watched her leave. (There is a bigger story behind that one) But with about $4000 more and 3 more months that car will be reborn and have bigger balls than it did before. I ran a 12.4 before with 330hp & 295tq @ 2100lbs w/o driver. Now the motor should be around 450rwhp off the bottle and 6-- rwhp on the bottle. Traction will be a bit hard but a new set of 315's are in order after i burn up the old set of 225's.

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
LT1Porsche said:
I honestly have to say I cried as I watched it burn and didnt as I watched her leave. (There is a bigger story behind that one) But with about $4000 more and 3 more months that car will be reborn and have bigger balls than it did before. I ran a 12.4 before with 330hp & 295tq @ 2100lbs w/o driver. Now the motor should be around 450rwhp off the bottle and 6-- rwhp on the bottle. Traction will be a bit hard but a new set of 315's are in order after i burn up the old set of 225's.

Could have started a new thread? :shrug: But hey, welcome to the site. Sorry about your losses and hope to see that Porsche runnin' keep us updated.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Trooper4985 said:
Cars only explode in Hollywood.... a gas tank going up is only going to be a small surge in flames and heat... no explosion... you didn't pay attention in Physics did you?

actually cars can blow up, slim chance due to the flammable/explosive limit of gasoline being so small 1.4-7.6 so you'd need a very small amount of gas in your tank and somehow a igintion source to get in there, but it can happen.
scary part is when tires blow :uh oh: they are loud!
looked like the boot was nozzle man too....
JD

Last edited:

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
This happened to my buddys foxbody ,but he got lucky a truck driver stoped and helped him put it out.but it still ruined his wiring.That sucks..

04Torchvert

Established Member
This vid was posted awhile ago and we all felt the same way. It looked like an insurance hype because they had a extingusher and they obviously took time out to get the camera on and the hood up and just taped it. If they never picked up the camera and went right for the extingusher that mini fire would have been out. Someone wanted a new carrrrrrrrrrrr...........

V1uhoh

Established Member
1) carry 2 fire extinguishers. You can spit and get more than they produce!
2) Quick disconnect for the battery
3) properly ground and fuse all circuits.

Bummer none the less...i would have been a bit more frantic than they were in trying to put it out!

Is a VW rice? Just curious?

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
A. I was waiting for a nitrous explosion right when the music picked up
B. Should have bought a Ford.

Ok, all joking aside, that really does suck. I can't imagine what that feeling must be like to sit there and watch all your money, time, and effort go to waste.

i3ooivl

Established Member
V1uhoh said:
1) carry 2 fire extinguishers. You can spit and get more than they produce!
2) Quick disconnect for the battery
3) properly ground and fuse all circuits.

Bummer none the less...i would have been a bit more frantic than they were in trying to put it out!

Is a VW rice? Just curious?

azn cars = rice

VW = rotwurst

syP

G8 #2
Established Member
i have been told that those GTIs have the turbos so close to the firewall or something, and there are a cluster of wires there too.. it is "common" for the wires to fry... maybe it went a little to far and caught fire.

Users who are viewing this thread