Donuts in an explorer..

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by foofinator
Hahaha, I'd love to be able to do donuts on dry pavement, but I can't, my car doesn't have the power with its 6. For some reason I can't smoke the tires either, no matter how hard I push them they won't even let out a puff of smoke. Oh well, maybe I'll just get some offroading footage instead this weekend.. Hmm, no the engine seems to be fine, I don't let it pass 4500 RPMs, so it should be ok. The ticking you hear might be rain? Meh, yeah, those were bad donuts, I agree, but its for a larger video and that's the clip that my friend mailed me. There were better slides but he wanted to make sure to get the ending in there..

Besides, I didn't post it because I thought they were bad ass donuts, I just thought it would be something different. If you guys don't want me to post my videos anymore that's cool, I don't need recognition to continue to enjoy driving :beer: :rolling: :burnout:

Its better than nothing, thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Originally posted by SlammedSVT
haha alway fun to raise a little hell in something

:D

If those tires blow out from sliding on wet pavement then they were faulty to begin with.. even if a tire blew there simply isn't enough traction to roll over in my situation. I don't know how so many cars have tipped over, my Explorer sticks to the road better than my sister's GT.. You'd have to already be going fast and then instantly cut the wheel to roll it over and I really just don't go driving around that fast. :beer:

Stanger58

Established Member
Originally posted by foofinator
:D

If those tires blow out from sliding on wet pavement then they were faulty to begin with.. even if a tire blew there simply isn't enough traction to roll over in my situation. I don't know how so many cars have tipped over, my Explorer sticks to the road better than my sister's GT.. You'd have to already be going fast and then instantly cut the wheel to roll it over and I really just don't go driving around that fast. :beer:

:eek: :eek: Tires simply don't "blow out" from sliding sideways... that would be caused by under inflated tires or something cutting into them... or wearing THROUGH the sidewalls... :nono:

Your Explorer sticks to the road better than your sister's GT?!?! :dw: :eek: :dw: UUUmmmm... dude.... how long HAVE you been driving??

And... FWIW... it's REALLY not a good idea to go slidin' around on hard surfaces in a 4x4 vehicle... Please, do yourself... your family... and your insurance company a favor... flip down your sun visor (while you are NOT driving, please) and READ the "vehicle handling" precautions. There are also several pages devoted to it in your owners manual... :read:

Sorry man... I don't mean to come down on your "fun"... but there is a time and place (and appropriate VEHICLE) for having some fun... try a driving school (stunt driving school?) or an off-road driving school...

Be safe... :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread