Don't make my same mistake when you purchase high dollar items!

Quad4_72

Established Member
Ok I am absolutely KICKING myself right now. I am going to let everyone know this so you don't make my mistake. When you are shopping for your supercharger kit, look for the discount codes for the various websites! CJpony parts is offering a discount code of 15% off of purchases over $100! Do you know what 15% of 5999 is? $900! So yes, I overpaid by 900 dollars. I don't want anyone else to make my same mistake. Luckily I was able to cancel my order from Brenspeed for my driveshaft and order it from cjpony parts instead and save $150. Who knows how much I would have saved had I ordered all those other parts from them as well for the 15% discount. Lesson learned. Expensive lesson, but I won't make that same mistake again. EVER.

In my defense, the discount code is not advertised, and I stumbled upon it from another website. But it absolutely works.

CPRsm

Usually bigger items like that don't apply to the discounts. Don't be surprised if you get a call saying they can't honor it because of MAP pricing or not enough profit to give away 900 dollars.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Usually bigger items like that don't apply to the discounts. Don't be surprised if you get a call saying they can't honor it because of MAP pricing or not enough profit to give away 900 dollars.

Maybe so, but wouldn't that be some sort of false advertising?

01GTB

Established Member

Agreed. And 15 off $100 seems like $15 off a 100 bucks or more, not 15%. But good luck. Hope it works for you.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
don't forget to hit us vendors up as well, a lot of times we'll have great pricing for the forum members without a coupon.

call anytime when your looking for something

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Lol cool story op. You Should prolly research more vendors like terry op before spending your money. I can tell ur not the best at researching considering ur bama tune and edelbrock "650hp supercharger kit."

Quad4_72

Established Member
Lol cool story op. You Should prolly research more vendors like terry op before spending your money. I can tell ur not the best at researching considering ur bama tune and edelbrock "650hp supercharger kit."

What are you, the token troll? Lol. Seems like there is ALWAYS one troll who shows up per thread.

CPRsm

Maybe so, but wouldn't that be some sort of false advertising?

Ehhhhh, I doubt it's done on purpose. The code entered should have said it wasn't valid for that item when checking out. But sometimes some items are overlooked and the transaction goes thru. No idea if that's the case here, but it does happen

Ill_W1N

Established Member
What are you, the token troll? Lol. Seems like there is ALWAYS one troll who shows up per thread.

Considering youre new to this by your decisions. Id suggest finding a vendor on here like terry or jpc that have deals all the time where u don't need coupon codes and can steer you in the RIGHT direction regarding aftermarket parts and tunes.

Cobrach 1

Established Member
I saw your post earlier and just wanted to try out the code for myself, I was just testing it. I'm looking for a tuner, so I figured that if it gave me a 15% discount for the new SCT F4 it might be an option if that's the lowest price I could find a tuner for.

The code didn't work, so either way I'll shout out to one of the vendors on the site.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Considering youre new to this by your decisions. Id suggest finding a vendor on here like terry or jpc that have deals all the time where u don't need coupon codes and can steer you in the RIGHT direction regarding aftermarket parts and tunes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the kit I purchased. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there is something wrong with it, as proven by other forum members on here who have it, members of other forums who have it, and the fact that Brenspeed ran a 10.94 with the EXACT same kit by adding a driveshaft and tires.

Honestly you sound pretty snobby.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I saw your post earlier and just wanted to try out the code for myself, I was just testing it. I'm looking for a tuner, so I figured that if it gave me a 15% discount for the new SCT F4 it might be an option if that's the lowest price I could find a tuner for.

The code didn't work, so either way I'll shout out to one of the vendors on the site.

Hmmm. The code still works for me:
Discount.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread