Don't invest in GM!

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Watching Fox News (stock market) and it seems that the Malibu hasn't been doing well at all, and they really wanted this to be the car year of the family sedan.. And it hasn't been doing too hot.

No news on Ford, but the new 300C is said to be a big hit for sedans (sales wise).

Looks like GM needs to get its head out of their ass and bring back RWD to their lineup like Chrysler did.. Probably boost sales.

Hm... how about a real Monte Carlo and the resurrection of the Camaro for starters??

No, that'd be asking too much, lets just throw an LS2 in the SSR and be done with it.

Gino

So Long!
the news yesterday said Chrysler's sales were up 500% for this past quarter... I thought it was BS but who knows, I all of a sudden see a million 300's on the road. as for GM-- I'm not suprised in the slightest lol, in fact I expect that. oh well though, we'll see what happens in the future with everything I guess

:shrug:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
the news yesterday said Chrysler's sales were up 500% for this past quarter... I thought it was BS but who knows, I all of a sudden see a million 300's on the road. as for GM-- I'm not suprised in the slightest lol, in fact I expect that. oh well though, we'll see what happens in the future with everything I guess

:shrug:

The Cry dealer across the street is definately bumping these days, was a desert before the 300. All I gotta say is hats off to those guys, great car!:beer:

IDAREU

Banned
A toyota has more american made content than a chevy does. Why would I want to invest in a company who has stated they want to start producing thier cars in China? We are losing too many good jobs here.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by idareu
A toyota has more american made content than a chevy does. Why would I want to invest in a company who has stated they want to start producing thier cars in China? We are losing too many good jobs here.

Toyota has more American made content? That's BS.:shrug:

Check GM and F annual financial statements and you'll find both make alot more money financing vehicles than manufacturing them.

300C? Yea, it's hot now. Will it be hot in two years? Or another PT Cruiser than flamed out quickly?

500%? If you sell 10 cars one year and 50 the next you are up 500% (but you still suffer from poor sales). Ford sold 800,000 F-series trucks last year. If they sell 900,000 (estimates) this year, they will be up only be up 12% (but they sold 100K more trucks!).

ogc

Established Member
the 300 isnt a fad car...

It is a very well built car, you really have to drive one to understand.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
It seems to me that the mult-displacement system in the Chrysler hemis is just trouble waiting to happen. Give it a few years to see how reliable it is. I'll stay with Ford, thank you.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Billybong
It seems to me that the mult-displacement system in the Chrysler hemis is just trouble waiting to happen. Give it a few years to see how reliable it is. I'll stay with Ford, thank you.

Ford does not offer anything that compares to the 300c.

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by Billybong

Ahh yes i remember when caddy tried that years ago, what a joke :lol: The 300C is a damn mercedes almost everywhere, suspension and tranny are all mercedes so it may be the best dodge yet, god knows but it's a chrysler so let's wait till they start falling apart to decide, shouldn't be long :D

Originally posted by NiteMareGT
Mercury Marauder maybe?

300C slaughters the Marauder. There is talk (not sure if it's been confirmed yet) of an AWD 300C coming out next year along with the AWD Magnum. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
300C slaughters the Marauder. There is talk (not sure if it's been confirmed yet) of an AWD 300C coming out next year

I asume you've driven both of those cars? AWD 300C? They may sell a few in the snow states but they'll sell very few in the south and SW.

Regardless, I have no interst in a RWD, FWD, AWD or any other family sedan. I drove a Marauder and liked it. I didn't buy one because I don't want one. Two other Ford RWD cars: the CV and the GM. Ford sells more RWD vehicles than FWD.

Users who are viewing this thread