Dont go to Cars.gov!!!

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
I know this might not belong here, but everyone needs to see this. Cars.gov allows the government to have complete access to your computer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE"]YouTube - Glenn Beck: Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computer[/ame]

w00t

woot! leet speak!
Established Member
Some people will believe everything they read on the Interwebs :rolling:

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
1) They have your information already
2) Delete the big scary cookies they give you
3) All government systems that are accessed by outside companies or individuals are required to use this language (i audit government systems, and we write them up if they dont have this banner displayed)
4) The news people are morons

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Before they reworded the "Privacy Act Statement" on the CARS.GOV website it DID look to be very worrysome. Now that it has been edited on the site it reads as it should.

U.M.

Last edited:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Like Glenn Beck.

Beck knew it wasn't going to harm anyone. He said "dealers" under his breath at the beginning, then the rest of the segment was talking about this pertaining to consumers. They misled dumb viewers in order to get more publicity.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
When I first saw the video I tried to go the website but could never even find the privacy statement.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Just viewing the website will not display the statement. You have to actually register on the site before the statement is presented to the visitor.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread