Don't get arrested in Denton, TX

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Lol what a great idea to post up the offenders although most of them don't look bright enough to not get caught again.

freakinout

Established Member
A ticket I could MAYBE understand, but an arrestable offense? That's an absolute crock of nitpicking horsesh!t. What's next, are they gonna arrest little 6 year old Suzy for not having a rear red reflector? :nonono:

in TX you can be arrested for any offense except speeding (less than 25 over posted limit) or open container. But you gotta sign the ticket for both of those.... otherwise you still get to go to jail.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
So much for "innocent until proven guilty." Now they have posted my photo for the world. Hope my mother doesn't see it.
:rockon:
6462678.jpg

HAHAHA no way man that is too funny

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
in TX you can be arrested for any offense except speeding (less than 25 over posted limit) or open container. But you gotta sign the ticket for both of those.... otherwise you still get to go to jail.

That's a fact. Wow, roger on the ugly.
Some of those folks got hit pretty hard with the ugly stick.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member

i was told in my police admin class you can go to jail for those as well

Last edited:

freakinout

Established Member
i was told in my police admin class you can go to jail for those as well

Well TX law states contrary to that. Luckily I have 4 peace officers bbq in the back yard.

Penal Code 49.031 (e)
Transportation Code 543.004

Sec. 543.004. NOTICE TO APPEAR REQUIRED: CERTAIN OFFENSES. (a) An officer shall issue a written notice to appear if:
(1) the offense charged is speeding or a violation of the open container law, Section 49.03, Penal Code; and
(2) the person makes a written promise to appear in court as provided by Section 543.005.
(b) If the person is a resident of or is operating a vehicle licensed in a state or country other than this state, Subsection (a) applies only as provided by Chapter 703.
(c) The offenses specified by Subsection (a) are the only offenses for which issuance of a written notice to appear is mandatory.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Ehh, I don't see the harm. They broke the law right? My opinion would probably be different if I was on that list though.

I did get a kick out of the kid who was caught with 4 oz's of pot, as well as the guy who was walking on the side of the freeway!

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I got pulled over down by Lubbuck a couple years back. My medical card papers had smudges on them, and a VIN on my annual inspection had two digits transposed, had a single line through it and the correct VIN underneath it. Confinsgated all of my stuff and wrote me tickets for falsified documents, and in the state of TX is a felony. Threatened to throw me in jail until the judge "decided" to show up, shut the reefer unit on my trailer off and impound my truck unless I confessed. So I did what I had to do to keep rolling, but the funny thing is the recording he played back to my attorney didn't have any of that stuff on there. Ended up getting everything dropped for 1k attorney fees. Texas is a happy good time.

Users who are viewing this thread