Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

3GROC

Established Member
you can also get the build # for free by calling the 1 800 svt number. i used it a few years ago and they were even able to tell me who the original selling dealer was of the car as well. great info to have if you wanna try to track your cars history down. another method to try would be copy and pasting the cars vin with "svtperformance.com" next to it in a google search. i have yielded results like an old FS ad before by using that method. little tricks ive learned over the years from researching these cars. btw congratulations on the purchase, its pretty cool to see guys coming back to these cars after all these years. its definitely a common trend lol
Thanks man! Its good to have one again....missed it for a long time.

Ill have to try the 800 number. I didn't think they still did it over the phone. tried the google trick but no go.... I believe this one spent up until june or so of last year in MI and then got to NC and now AZ.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've been debating on posting this for a couple days, but I have a feeling most will get it. I'm not one to post personal stuff online normally. So bear with me.

My wife and I lost our first baby due to some unfortunate events. I still kind of blame myself as I was stationed away from her at the time. Anyway, her birthday is 1/14/2000. The other day I was pulling the rad cover off to do some work and my wife was standing next to me. I have a build plaque on the cover with the build date, number, etc. I happened to look at the date as it hits 20 years old this year. The build date is 1/14/2004. I pointed it out to my wife and said I wasn't sure how I haven't noticed that before. My wife then said I really can never sell the car now. I'll admit seeing that hit me in the feels a little.

What really got me is that I have been secretly debating on selling it. One of those trying to be the responsible adult things. So I guess I'll be a little less responsible and enjoy driving it just a little more.

LS WUT

Established Member
I've been debating on posting this for a couple days, but I have a feeling most will get it. I'm not one to post personal stuff online normally. So bear with me.

My wife and I lost our first baby due to some unfortunate events. I still kind of blame myself as I was stationed away from her at the time. Anyway, her birthday is 1/14/2000. The other day I was pulling the rad cover off to do some work and my wife was standing next to me. I have a build plaque on the cover with the build date, number, etc. I happened to look at the date as it hits 20 years old this year. The build date is 1/14/2004. I pointed it out to my wife and said I wasn't sure how I haven't noticed that before. My wife then said I really can never sell the car now. I'll admit seeing that hit me in the feels a little.

What really got me is that I have been secretly debating on selling it. One of those trying to be the responsible adult things. So I guess I'll be a little less responsible and enjoy driving it just a little more.
I’m terribly sorry to hear that. The sadness that can come with that is truly overwhelming at times. I’m happy to hear yourself and your wife weathered the storm and all is okay now I hope.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I’m terribly sorry to hear that. The sadness that can come with that is truly overwhelming at times. I’m happy to hear yourself and your wife weathered the storm and all is okay now I hope.
You know what they say about time and all that. We did end up with a daughter we probably wouldn't have had if things had happened normally.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
So, this window thing has become a nightmare. Motor is fine, damn thing came out the track and jammed. What a PITA. Any recommendations on a adhesive to fasten the window to the bracket? So much room to get your hands in there do this. I now know why I wanted to sell this thing.

prs97

Established Member
I took mine to a local glass guy and he fixed up easy peasy.

Better than the hassle of doing it yourself?

01yellercobra

Established Member
They sell an adhesive for windows. I think I picked it up at Autozone or O'Reillys when we had to fix the back window on the wife's vert.

Look up 3M Window Weld.

Users who are viewing this thread