Dont Ever Go To Gainesville Ford

i3ooivl

Established Member
so after 2 months, 3 visits, my car sitting in their service department for 6 weeks, 2 formal complaints against gainesville ford, and two phone calls that never got returned...

I finally got ahold of the gainesville ford service manager, and this is the "first time he's heard of my problems."

He researching what their service tech's did to my car and going to take it in again and give me a rental car. I cant believe this.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
i3ooivl said:
so after 2 months, 3 visits, my car sitting in their service department for 6 weeks, 2 formal complaints against gainesville ford, and two phone calls that never got returned...

I finally got ahold of the gainesville ford service manager, and this is the "first time he's heard of my problems."

He researching what their service tech's did to my car and going to take it in again and give me a rental car. I cant believe this.

didnt you go to the lincoln place?

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
what happened to your car?

not to steal your thread but while were doing the dealership hating, dont go to sheehy ford of ashland (in richmond,va). they screwed me out of a mach 1 when i was on the way to pick it up; they sold it to me on friday night, went in saturday to pick it up, and they had already let someone else drive it home. this happened a few months ago.

Last edited:

i3ooivl

Established Member
I DID go to lincoln.... and they said wanted 500 dollars to "possibly" fix it. 500 dollars for warrenty work that might not fix things? yeah right. SO i just flat out said no and took it back to ford and caused a big scene in their show room.

It was classic seeing the service managers face when he heard my car.... the super loud squeel was squeeling as loud as ever. He got in and turned the A/C on and it immediately died. He tried to drive it into the service bay.... and he it stalled on him 4 times. I was laughing soooooo hard on the inside.

Atleast he's trying to be cool about it now. I'm pimping an aqua marine taurus for the next few days. BUUUUUT.... the track is open tommorow and i do have the optional insurance. Would it be a really bad thing to take the taurus to the quarter mile?

Last edited:

i3ooivl

Established Member
xl2ockl3ottomx said:
what happened to your car?

I blew a head gasket and paid ford for a new racing motor.... if they install it at ford you get a 12mo warrenty. Got a really good deal on the motor and install..... but the service and installation SUCKED

I've been bitching for a WHILE (~2 months), but it looks like its finnally gonna get fixed

HOOORAY!

bchisom99

Established Member
i3ooivl said:
I DID go to lincoln.... and they said wanted 500 dollars to "possibly" fix it. 500 dollars for warrenty work that might not fix things? yeah right. SO i just flat out said no and took it back to ford and caused a big scene in their show room.

It was classic seeing the service managers face when he heard my car.... the super loud squeel was squeeling as loud as ever. He got in and turned the A/C on and it immediately died. He tried to drive it into the service bay.... and he it stalled on him 4 times. I was laughing soooooo hard on the inside.

Atleast he's trying to be cool about it now. I'm pimping an aqua marine taurus for the next few days. BUUUUUT.... the track is open tommorow and i do have the optional insurance. Would it be a really bad thing to take the taurus to the quarter mile?

Thats hilarious, I would recommend finding an Auto-X event this weekend to follow up some heads of racing, if I were near you I would bring my taurus to the track...my brother-in-law always wanted to race my cobra in his 98 Deville, he thought it would be close b/c it "hauled ass"...uh huh

Users who are viewing this thread