Don't even want to admit it...

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
So it was really nice over the weekend and I had the Cobra out. Windows down and listening to the sound. I was at the stop light and this red Mazda speed 3 is behind me. I don't think much of it bc a lot of people here have them, never really raced one. I did a double take bc the guy was leaned up (looked like he was trying to read the bumper right in front of him) then i saw the girl...:rockon: WOOOWWWW!!! I thought, Right on dude!! She was a total looker! Light turns green and I give it a little gas to hear the sweet sound and turn left. Its 2 lanes wide (both in the left) I notice he's literally right on my a$$. I thought, no way he's trying... In second, I give it about 40% throttle and start to pass the car in front on the right. Sure enough he's even closer... GAME ON!!!

I dont do much racing but adrenaline got the best of me. I immediately switched back to the left lane. Its 45 MPH on the road, light traffic and no cops usually. He heard the down shift and nailed it. I quickly jumped i pulled HARD knowing i would, but you never know these days with cars and money, hit third smooth and let off. Had a pretty good length on him.

Sure enough he pulled right back up. Now I'm thinking rich kid has got a few mods and is gonna end up getting me. He jumps and this time I just LAY into it!!!!! Left his a$$ BAD!!!!! we did this 2 more times!!! I couldn't under stand why he kept trying!!!!

I pulled off to get some fuel, a little 93 and some 110, be jealous hahaha, He follows in. Both him and the girl, straight model status, get out and he starts DROOLING over the car. They were both actually really cool. Come to find out he had the car bc his dad said it was safer and better on fuel than the Cobra. He was 17 and wanted a Cobra since he was 15. Daddy would let him have one, which I agree!!! He said before the race he looked at his girl and said, watch how bad this guy gets me. She was a trooper. Exchanged numbers and he took off after going through my MG top to bottom.

Not a lot that you meet a nice and collective ricer. Fun times!!!

trxcobra

Established Member
haha good story man! Always feels good when people tell you how much they love your car

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
I thought you were gonna say you got beat haha. Those are no joke when modified properly, but if you even had simple bolt ons idk of any that would be a problem.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I just knew any minute, somewhere in this post you was gone mention how you got bus lengths put on you.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Yep, thought this was gonna be a death story.

Nice kill btw, sounds like a cool kid.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice kill OP, at one of my local meets a speed 3 showed up and told us he made 420 wheel, I could have cared less about racing him, but as I was heading home he was following me, so we lined up doing about 60 I was in 2nd and i let him get the hit... once i hit 3rd I freight trained him. He got back next to me and gave me big thumbs up. I guess you can make them fast...but why lol

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill, and glad he was a good sport. Our cars do get horrible gas mileage compared to others but hey, totally worth it to me. Ive also had a few people tell me that i own their dream car, its a good feeling.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Well done, sir. Those are the most gratifying kills when the guys gf witnesses it and then drools over your car afterwards. Been several years since I've experienced one of these kills.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Title totally was off but still good story and if he is 17 yrs old that means she is in the same age range which mean possible jail bate!!

FATlaws

Established Member
Nice kill, I've had my cobra while I was at school around you for a year and don't get much action on the streets. Not to get off topic from your kill but where do you get 110 around Virginia Beach?

flS/R

Established Member
good kill. That is the reason that kid's dad did not let him get cobra

pics of girl with fake ID

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
jailbait.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread