Dont ask this guy about his 93 cobra

TX93Cobra

Established Member
lol just looking around seeing what all you guys are doing to your cars getting a good idea of what i want to do with mine. Figured i ask on youtube what he built. Didnt get the response i expected from a fellow cobra owner hahaha.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLBPL3Ph8gM"]YouTube - Darcy Sheppards 1993 cobra at Joe's 540 RWHP 505 RWTQ[/nomedia]

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
That doesn't sound like a 331. But its nasty. I like how it quiets down in the upper RPM range instead of getting raspy. You can tell its putting down the 540 he claims. I'd like to know more about his exahust setup more than anything.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I agree...not the response that you were looking for. Just find a good shop to work with and let them know your HP/TQ goals and get their advice on the combo if you aren't sure. 500+ HP out of a blown SBF isn't that hard to do, not like you need this dude's "secret" combo.

Good luck on your build! I can't wait to get another 1993 Cobra!

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Well, I can say with about 99% certainty that wasn't even a full pull on the dyno. No way. I've dyno'd enough of my own cars, buddies, etc. to know that pull was shut down early.

Aside from that, the numbers he claims are possible, and easily repeated with H/C/I and a blower, with or without the extra cubes.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
yea i just like to see what everyone does to their cobras. I thought it was a short pull myself but he probably would have been really upset if i asked about that =P

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
haha ya, it would take an hour to list his mods, you were not worth his time, lol

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Not too difficult to make that kind of power. And not too long before the stock block goes "pop".

Set your hp goals, and then decide if you want to pay to play. That kind of hp better keep the rpm reasonable and the tune on a very safe side.

Or, pony up for an aftermarket black and be safe. :D

TX93Cobra

Established Member
ya i know how to make the power and what it takes, just lookn at different combos. its about what picking combos that work =) and dart block would def. be what id be starting with.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Im not going to argue about why I think hes BS ing about it being a 331, but the guy being shady is enough for me.

This is probably the first video Ive made a comment that doesnt agree with the popular consensus. You guys jumping on my back are the dick heads.

darcysheppard

Established Member
That doesn't sound like a 331. But its nasty. I like how it quiets down in the upper RPM range instead of getting raspy. You can tell its putting down the 540 he claims. I'd like to know more about his exahust setup more than anything.

contact me if you would like to know more. it is a 331 keith craft with a mild cam, didnt want car shaking.

Users who are viewing this thread