Don's house on fire

mustangman2424

Established Member
I'm not sure if any of you guys know don_w "Don and Donna Whitaker", but his house was burned down earlier and he managed to get both of the cars out, but he and his wife were not able to save anything else. Somehow there was a camera in front of his house and it has been playing on the news: Don's House Burning Down

I am not sure if there is any negative views about "S197 Forum" here but they have been collecting donations to help Don and his wife out. Go HERE for more details.

Last edited:

Misfitflesh

Established Member
that truely sucks to hear and i would hate for it to happen to me seeing as i dont own a home and would absolutely lose everything, but doesnt insurance cover most of your stuff if you own a house? I know they cant do anything about photos and priceless stuff but neither will donations. Its good they are ok though.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I know they cant do anything about photos and priceless stuff but neither will donations. Its good they are ok though.

That's a great way of cleansing your conscience since money cannot bring back their priceless possesions there's no point in helping out.:thumbsup:

If everyone would donate even the price of a pizza to someone affected by this disaster it would be a tremendous help.

Don and Donna were woken up by neighbors banging on the door.
They barely escaped with their lives the clothes on their backs and 2 cars.

Here is a video of their home on fire which made the news. Video was taken by Ed (msgt46270)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/336598bd-0fbd-476a-9f21-99d001655d08.htm

They will be able to buy clothes, food, toiletries and anything else they may need.
Insurance companies won't be cutting them a cheque for a while and the road to rebuilding will be long and difficult.

I had posted this 2 days ago and not even 1 reply.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430191

On another site however everyone banded together and we have up to this point raised over $5,000 in cash donations.

UPR donated $1000 worth of products which he could use as he see's fit (resell as suggested by Danielle at UPR).

Hardcore Mustangs is auctioning off a rare set of Saleen Parnelli Jones rims with all proceeds going to Don and Donna.
The current bid is at $1600.00 and the ebay auction is ending tonight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Mustang-Saleen-Parnelli-Jones-Wheel-Set-Authentic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43959QQihZ020QQitemZ300164247812QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Speed of Sound LLC are going to be auctioning off S197 dash pod #0001 pre-launch with all proceeds going to Don and Donna.

A am also waiting on news from 2 more companies, 1 who has already replied that they would do something but were waiting on the return of the owner and the other who has not gotten back to me as of last night.

If you're unable to donate for one reason or another you can still help by calling the vendors you purchase from and let them know that someone in the mustang community needs their help.

Up to this point there is not 1 vendor that I have approached that has not helped out one way or another.
This tells me that they are worthy of my business and when I need something they will be getting my business.

I am 3,000 miles away and have never met Don and Donna face to face but I still feel the need to do whatever I can to help.
With the advances in technology we don't even need to get off our fat asses to help others.

Here is a picture of Don and Donna in happier times.
don&donna.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
That's a great way of cleansing your conscience since money cannot bring back their priceless possesions there's no point in helping out.:thumbsup:

That's what homeowners insurance is for. there are ALOT of people that are in much worse shape than they are i'm quite sure.
Losing everything is always hard, believe me, i went through a divorce years ago and lost EVERYTHING, house, cars, tools, you name it. all i had left were the cloths on my back. There was no insurance for that and people weren't helping out with donations.
Not trying to make light of the situation but events like this in your life will put things right back in perspective, and the only thing that really matters is that you have your health & family.

roadracer247

Established Member
I'm not sure if any of you guys know don_w "Don and Donna Whitaker", but his house was burned down earlier and he managed to get both of the cars out, but he and his wife were not able to save anything else. Somehow there was a camera in front of his house and it has been playing on the news: Don's House Burning Down

I am not sure if there is any negative views about "S197 Forum" here but they have been collecting donations to help Don and his wife out. Go HERE for more details.

Sorry to hear his house burned down...Is this guy a member here? Because "Don_w" doesn't show up in any searches...

Misfitflesh

Established Member

If everyone would donate even the price of a pizza to someone affected by this disaster it would be a tremendous help.

Don and Donna were woken up by neighbors banging on the door.
They barely escaped with their lives the clothes on their backs and 2 cars.

Here is a video of their home on fire which made the news. Video was taken by Ed (msgt46270)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/336598bd-0fbd-476a-9f21-99d001655d08.htm

They will be able to buy clothes, food, toiletries and anything else they may need.
Insurance companies won't be cutting them a cheque for a while and the road to rebuilding will be long and difficult.

I had posted this 2 days ago and not even 1 reply.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430191

On another site however everyone banded together and we have up to this point raised over $5,000 in cash donations.

UPR donated $1000 worth of products which he could use as he see's fit (resell as suggested by Danielle at UPR).

Hardcore Mustangs is auctioning off a rare set of Saleen Parnelli Jones rims with all proceeds going to Don and Donna.
The current bid is at $1600.00 and the ebay auction is ending tonight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-Mustang-Saleen-Parnelli-Jones-Wheel-Set-Authentic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43959QQihZ020QQitemZ300164247812QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Speed of Sound LLC are going to be auctioning off S197 dash pod #0001 pre-launch with all proceeds going to Don and Donna.

A am also waiting on news from 2 more companies, 1 who has already replied that they would do something but were waiting on the return of the owner and the other who has not gotten back to me as of last night.

If you're unable to donate for one reason or another you can still help by calling the vendors you purchase from and let them know that someone in the mustang community needs their help.

Up to this point there is not 1 vendor that I have approached that has not helped out one way or another.
This tells me that they are worthy of my business and when I need something they will be getting my business.

I am 3,000 miles away and have never met Don and Donna face to face but I still feel the need to do whatever I can to help.
With the advances in technology we don't even need to get off our fat asses to help others.

Here is a picture of Don and Donna in happier times.
don&donna.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I was being a jerk so chill out, i was just stating the obvious. I actually saw a couple at the beach that had to leave from there and went and bought them a few things like sleeping bags and stuff for the night. At least that way i know they are getting help.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I really feel for them. My family lost about everything and my wife's family lost everything, house included, in the great flood of 1977. It took my dad and mom years of hard work and long hours to recover. Even though we lost everything except our cars and clothes, we escaped with our lives and that meant more than anything. Do I miss not having pics of me when I was small to show our daughter, Yes. But we survived to go on. I am very sorry for their loss and I pray they will be blessed in the future.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
That's what homeowners insurance is for. there are ALOT of people that are in much worse shape than they are i'm quite sure.
Losing everything is always hard, believe me, i went through a divorce years ago and lost EVERYTHING, house, cars, tools, you name it. all i had left were the cloths on my back. There was no insurance for that and people weren't helping out with donations.
Not trying to make light of the situation but events like this in your life will put things right back in perspective, and the only thing that really matters is that you have your health & family.

I wish the best for them, I hope the insurance covers everything. I think it's great that people care, but I'm with you on this one.

FEMA is involved and I'm sure that the insurenace company will be more than fair. Why are poeple so eager to give there $$$ to people that don't need it.

TClark22

Established Member
did he post up a little while ago about the fires and he had the cars packed with some possessions and ready to go at any minute?

Users who are viewing this thread