Doing the 03 cobra tomorrow with Clearkote...

Todd03Blown

Established Member
jpk said:
Did you find that putting on Vanilla Moose and Red Moose and Yellow Cream made a difference? Most folks seem to just use one of those three. Would you go through that trouble again, or do you think you'd just just one or maybe two? Seems like a ton of work to have a four or five step process!

But I agree, the Clear Kote stuff is so easy to use that you gotta love it. Anyone can get show car quality results with that stuff!

I had read over at autopia.org that folks that used all 3 VMG, RMG and YCW reported better results than just using one or two so that is why I went the path with all 3. I will continue to use all 3 since using a PC doesnt take that long to do all 3 and I like the way it came out. So I recommend using all 3 :thumbsup:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
svtred said:
man i love a black car when its swirl free! its like chrome!, ive used the NXT insane shine. it shines awesome! but lasts about an hour after driving. it just spins right off

My NXT has stayed on for a week now and has not spun off at all :shrug:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
SilverStallion said:
How did you like the Clearkote Quick Shine? I am considering ordering a bottle, but I was not sure how good it actually was. I am currently using the Sonus and the Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

~Darren

I love the clearkote quick shine...it is very very slick and gives a great shine...I use that stuff like water!!!!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Htown05 said:
Awesome! Black cars look the best detailed. So you used a PC buffer I assume? Awesome work. Nice and smooth with swirl mark free finish. What product would you say got rid of most of the swirl marks? ?

A guy that works at a body shop told me a product called ebony works well on getting swirls out of black paint. Im thinking about borrowing someone's PC and get some meguairs DACP with a orange pad.

Great work, looks good. :coolman:

Thanks HTown05!!! I did use a PC; most of the swirl removal came from the compound moose i used a foam yellow polishing pad for this process. The last time my car was detailed by a professional (over a year ago) he used the Meg. DACP and it turned out great. He then followed it with VMG and CMW. This time I used a few more products since I did it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread