doing idlers/puting belt back on tips

LBSVT93

Established Member
Ok I am going to put my idlers on my car tom its the billetflow 4 piece set. Any tips to get the belt back on without a hassle would help a lot. I am worried I am not going to get the belt back on right. I installed my exhaust yesterday and cold air intake, just have to do idlers now and get her tuned.....thanks

s_x_i

Established Member
The best way is to put it on at the top - squeeze it behind the tensioner, and then get underneath the car and put it all in from the bottom, leaving the blower pulley until last. This way you can get to the elusive alternator pulley with relative ease.

Hope that helps.. :coolman:

SVT_4_me

Established Member
no, you want to leave the aux. idler pulley until last... route the belt around all the other pulley's, then relieve tension via the tensionser and use the idler pulley to push the belt to the side and slide the idler pulley on. it is pretty easy to do...

Fuerza

Established Member
SVT_4_me said:
no, you want to leave the aux. idler pulley until last... route the belt around all the other pulley's, then relieve tension via the tensionser and use the idler pulley to push the belt to the side and slide the idler pulley on. it is pretty easy to do...

That is what I did, it worked perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread