Doing H&R Race Springs, need a little advice.

JohnnyBlaze

Established Member
I plan to order the H&R race springs and have them put on sometime next week, probably gonna have to take it to a shop and have it done. I would do it myself, but I'm not at home and wont be for a few more weeks so no tools or jacks at the moment. But I'm doing the H&R's to hold me over until I get the MM full IRS grip kit (next summer most likely). But on to the questions, what should I be expecting to pay for the spring install, and is there anything else I should need aside from just the springs even though it's gonna be a "hold me over until the next step" thing? I plan to use the stock iso's and get the BF IRS brace done at the same time so I can have some fun with it and not worry too much about blowing the rear end apart, lol.

Thanks guys.

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
You should be fine with the springs I just had them installed myself about a week ago... I think I paid around 200$ for the install... I cant remember exactly

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
I checked my reciept it was 120$ for the installation and I paid 200$ for the springs used. I haven't had it aligned just yet Im waiting untill my new tires come in.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
With the mild drop that the H&R Race springs provide, you probably won't need aftermarket C/C plates, so just get an alignment afterwards and you should be good to go.

mkscobra01

Banned
Trick Pony said:
With the mild drop that the H&R Race springs provide, you probably won't need aftermarket C/C plates, so just get an alignment afterwards and you should be good to go.
+1

RussZTT

Established Member
I'm going to do the install myself. Good idea? So you do need an allighment afterwards?

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
the H&R race on mine knocked everything out on my alignment. had to get c/c plates to make mine back right. they do lower it though, they're not just stiffer. i got pics to prove that lol.

RussZTT

Established Member
I was thinking of doing the sport springs, iso's up front and none in the back. Not using any in the rear, would it make the road noise louder?

Users who are viewing this thread