Doing a SRI and iMRC delete need help though

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Okay boys ive started breaking down my intake and what not to install the SRI and imrc delete plates ive had laying around for a year now ive gotten every bolt out except for the front 2 that are under the bracket for the coolant cross over tube...

Do i have to remove that tube to get the brackets loose? can i just cut the brackets and tack weld them back together later?

Also i figure its a long shot but is there in existence a detailed write up for this mod? ive looked with 0 luck... im pretty comfortable doing this myself but a guide wouldn't hurt of course

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Yes you have to remove the crossover tube. I would go to ford and buy new O-rings for the crossover since they will most likely not seal correctly when you reinstall it.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
thank you all for the help made my life and whole lot easier, Mystic i will head your advice and do so!
Also for any one who might stumble on this thread in their search function looking for answers once you get all the Bolts on the outside of the manifold it would be wise to observe the 2 hidden ones that are dead center of the intake hidden under the runner bells

96Cobracomander

Established Member
UPDATE:

found a few interesting things...

1. A giant hole in my BBK CAI elbow near the strut tower brace ugh, i siliconed it last night seems to be holding
2. the car Whistles on acceleration like you can hear the air coming into the motor
3. ITS AN ABSOLUTE DOG even in the upper RPM band, man i knew i should get a tune but i didn't think it would be this dire!

ZAPPY

Established Member
U definitely need to get a tune after a imrc delete and sri. The tuner must add timing under 4000 rpm to compensate for the loss of the plates.

laddanator

Established Member
Not sure why everyone fears the crossover tube removal. I've popped mine out now twice with no issues at all, plus it makes life so much easier not to have to work around that tube.

I'm also with Shake&Bake! How in the world did you get the intake off without removing it? The two front intake bolts sit under the tube with the two nuts on top of the tube holding it down. You're the man to remove the lower intake with the tube in place!! :)

Last edited:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Not sure why everyone fears the crossover tube removal. I've popped mine out now twice with no issues at all, plus it makes life so much easier not to have to work around that tube.

I'm also with Shake&Bake! How in the world did you get the intake off without removing it? The two front intake bolts sit under the tube with the two nuts on top of the tube holding it down. You're the man to remove the lower intake with the tube in place!! :)

He's Whodini that's how - used his magic tricks haha...slide that shit right out.

heavychevy

Established Member
UPDATE:

found a few interesting things...

1. A giant hole in my BBK CAI elbow near the strut tower brace ugh, i siliconed it last night seems to be holding
2. the car Whistles on acceleration like you can hear the air coming into the motor
3. ITS AN ABSOLUTE DOG even in the upper RPM band, man i knew i should get a tune but i didn't think it would be this dire!

Might be a gasket leak somewhere, or your silicon job is leaking. I bet #2 and #3 related. I did SRI/IMRC Deletes with no tune. Zero issues (but I have 4.30 gears).

brucesvt

Established Member
Had no issues when i deleted my IMRCs and then a couple months later when i did the SRI no issues. I believe the issue is with #1 if you can borrow a CAI from someone to test if thats the proble,

Users who are viewing this thread