doin over 100 in IL?

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
Ever since i got my ride it has been really hard to not break 100 on the highway, i feel pretty untouched with my detector but was wondering what is the worst that can happen to me?

what about 140? it happens ocasionally, i just have no idea what im gettin into.

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
Hahah me too man im love cruising 100 on the highway...at times i get up there pretty high....I have a radar detector too...IL cops arent bad just watch out in Indiana and OHIO!!!!!!!

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
i hear ya but i really dont know if ill get arrested or some shit for it. and after i slow down from doin around 140 like on 355 i get all shaky

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Please. Slow down out there. You'll probably get a nice expensive ticket for going that fast.
A little speeding isn't going to hurt my feelings, but when it's that excessive, it's a bit much, considering other drivers have to share the road with you - it's a safety issue.
And, besides, if you do get ticketed our insurance rates all suffer...heh. Nobody needs higher insurance premiums, especially those of us who drive mustangs & other "high-risk" vehicles, as deemed by the insurance companies. :D

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
my buddy and i were drivin in his SHO, and we got stopped for doin 126 in a 45 zone, and he got off with just a speeding ticket. obviouslly not every cop will be that nice, in fact the cop was more pissed about the fact i was out after curfew(i was 16 at the time). once we convinced him we werent drunk or high (he couldnt believe two sober people could be that stupid) he gave him a ticket, and drove me home. luckily my parents werent home...

hopefully ill get to streatch the legs of my vette soon. so far ive only gone 135. i want to reach 160 soon

Last edited:

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
i hear ya man, it scares the livin shit outta me when i get up really high, but i try and only do that at like 2 in the morn when no ones around. i seen too many videos of innocent people being killed by dumbasses. thanks for the heads up though

Originally posted by COBRA90GT
Please. Slow down out there. You'll probably get a nice expensive ticket for going that fast.
A little speeding isn't going to hurt my feelings, but when it's that excessive, it's a bit much, considering other drivers have to share the road with you - it's a safety issue.
And, besides, if you do get ticketed our insurance rates all suffer...heh. Nobody needs higher insurance premiums, especially those of us who drive mustangs & other "high-risk" vehicles, as deemed by the insurance companies. :D

jibbers93gt

Established Member
Watch yourself man. I got caught doing 112 in a 55 here in indiana. There is a good possibility that I am going to jail for the weekend here soon, not to mention fines.

Be safe. Definitely don't do that speed around other cars.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Here in Illinois (oops, I'm in Nevada at the moment...) more than 40 over is a Class A misdemeanor with six months' suspension of your license and possible (though unlikely) jail time. Take it easy on 355, don't do anything stupid, and if you must go 140 don't get caught... :D

--T.J.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If you want to go flat out, there are a few open road races coming up in NV that you can go as fast as you want, legally. :thumbsup:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by jibbers93gt
Watch yourself man. I got caught doing 112 in a 55 here in indiana. There is a good possibility that I am going to jail for the weekend here soon, not to mention fines.

Be safe. Definitely don't do that speed around other cars.

Where about in Indiana? I got clocked doing 111mph between the Pendleton/Anderson and Pendleton exit on I-69 in my R/T a while back. When the guy stopped me he asked me why I was in such a hurry, so I cut the BS and told him I had just had a new performance chip put in and I was trying it out. The guy told me since I was honest with him flat out he'd just write me up for doing 80 in a 65.

Again, it depends on the cop, and I know I shouldnt have been going that fast, however I did make absolutely sure I had a clear open stretch in front of me before I got on it. It was sunny that day so visibility was not an issue. All I could figure is that cop could relate alittle bit, he pulled me over in his Z28.

jibbers93gt

Established Member
Here in southern IN, near Evansville. Yeah I was honest with the guy too, told him I had just got it back together, which was true... didn't faze the guy at all. He gave me wreckless driving, the actual speeding ticket, and failure to provide license. Yeah there was no one around me either, just the cop waay up in front of me. Still got me though!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Here in southern IN, near Evansville. Yeah I was honest with the guy too, told him I had just got it back together, which was true... didn't faze the guy at all. He gave me wreckless driving, the actual speeding ticket, and failure to provide license. Yeah there was no one around me either, just the cop waay up in front of me. Still got me though!

Sorry to here that man. Like I said I guess its just luck of the draw.

Evansville, I spent a couple years going to VU, and I'd go back and fourth to home just about every weekend. Highway 41 is almost sickening with cops, esspecially cops that like to write tickets. I guess cause there's so many damn college students that use it.

Interestate 70, hell I could get from terra haute all the way to indianapolis, a good 70 miles, in a little over an hour during rush hour, but that damn Highway 41, you either drove the speedlimit or you paid the price.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Yes, 41 has plenty of cops.

I graduated from VU myself two years ago.

Cool, you would have been there my first year then (3 years ago).

What hall were you in your second year?

First semester I was in Clark Basement, then I was moved over to Godare 2nd floor. Going from Clark Basement to Godare was like going from the dungeon to the penthouse hehehe :lol:

Last edited:

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i finally did it

dont try this at home!!!!!!!!
vette.jpg

CrimsonCobra_01

Established Member
your at 162 and only 3k rpms? theres still room for inmprovement there.

i wanted to get a pic of my 140 trip but i get scared goin that fast and drivin with one hand

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
well i had just thrown the thing into neutral to give my poor engine a break, and i did it right as i was gonna take the pic, so it reads 3k. it was at like 5700 while accelerating.

Users who are viewing this thread