Does your car have the Stock IRS or SRA

Does your car have the Stock IRS or SRA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I don't have any wheel hop at all. 700+ rwhp. The rear is the factory irs with billetflow IRS brackets welded/bolted in. It's always surprised me how well it behaves....my 04 vert had much worse wheel hop issues and at much lower power levels than the coupe I currently have. This coupe will just break loose with a very predictable flat spin if it gets to that point.

IRS-Brackets

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have never been a fan of how the gas tank/tank cover look. This looks clean and adds a touch of originality to the car. Im on the fence if its "rice" or not though.

Gt500's had it factory. I wanna put it on mine because I like neat tweaks/unique parts. Especially suedo racey/functional ones. My cars been called ricey for bov's in the grill, vinyl wrap, loud fuel pump, cut outs, black wheels, tint, cowl hood, etc etc etc. I just laugh because I'm about as concerned of being labeled a ricer as I am concerned about when Walmart will have a sale on toaster strudel.

ybabepuq.jpg

So ricey that 4psi, 12* of timing, made 500/500 uncorrected at 4500rpms...

The diffuser probably looks better on certain colors vs others. Mine already having tons of black/silver contrast should look great with one. But say a chromed out, screaming yellow or Oxford white with brown top might look odd. I think any vert with a black top would look good though. Here's the gt500's factory ones.

07-09
my8yry3e.jpg

ry2yzyta.jpg

Ricey to me is stuff like this

abepyner.jpg

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Hahaha good points. Im not saying a rear defuser is labeled "ricey" but its one of those things if not done right and clean i would consider it rice for sure.

Good looking cobra... That a VIS hood?

Gt500's had it factory. I wanna put it on mine because I like neat tweaks/unique parts. Especially suedo racey/functional ones. My cars been called ricey for bov's in the grill, vinyl wrap, loud fuel pump, cut outs, black wheels, tint, cowl hood, etc etc etc. I just laugh because I'm about as concerned of being labeled a ricer as I am concerned about when Walmart will have a sale on toaster strudel.

ybabepuq.jpg

So ricey that 4psi, 12* of timing, made 500/500 uncorrected at 4500rpms...

The diffuser probably looks better on certain colors vs others. Mine already having tons of black/silver contrast should look great with one. But say a chromed out, screaming yellow or Oxford white with brown top might look odd. I think any vert with a black top would look good though. Here's the gt500's factory ones.

07-09
my8yry3e.jpg

ry2yzyta.jpg

Ricey to me is stuff like this

abepyner.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks.

I think it's true fiber or fiber trends.

I'd rather have a cobra r hood but it doesn't clear my intake

04yfzkid

Established Member
So now to stir the pot here more what is better for me? lol. Long story short the car should be over 800whp when it gets put back together. It's a play car (would hate to get pulled over in california with it). I don't slam gears and refuse to take it to the track because I'm worried about blowing the IRS up. Spending money to be reliable is no problem for me, but unplanned major repairs that could have been avoided I hate. I have bushings (not sure what kind) and full length sub frame connectors. Is it worth it to keep investing in the IRS or go SRA? I know a good amount about suspension after dealing with offroad trucks (suspension is #1 and horse power is about #5 on the important list). Also I have almost finished Engineering to win by Carrol Smith and chassis engineering by herb adams. Both books everyone "mechanic" should read.

Keep in mind the car will is a toy and see's "abuse" every time it is taken out. That being said it's a primarily street car that I enjoy driving and am not on the hunt to beat anymore. Here's a quick video of the car with a ton of belt slip and one of the few times I have driven it. Notice the long shift and how I attempted to roll into it

Testing the gopro - YouTube

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Since your not going to the Drag Strip or dumping the clutch the IRS is fine.

But if I was at 800HP I would be having fun at the Drag Strip and probably would go SRA just cause they are only better at the Drag Strip.

I still love the handling of the IRS any day.

So now to stir the pot here more what is better for me? lol. Long story short the car should be over 800whp when it gets put back together. It's a play car (would hate to get pulled over in california with it). I don't slam gears and refuse to take it to the track because I'm worried about blowing the IRS up. Spending money to be reliable is no problem for me, but unplanned major repairs that could have been avoided I hate. I have bushings (not sure what kind) and full length sub frame connectors. Is it worth it to keep investing in the IRS or go SRA? I know a good amount about suspension after dealing with offroad trucks (suspension is #1 and horse power is about #5 on the important list). Also I have almost finished Engineering to win by Carrol Smith and chassis engineering by herb adams. Both books everyone "mechanic" should read.

Keep in mind the car will is a toy and see's "abuse" every time it is taken out. That being said it's a primarily street car that I enjoy driving and am not on the hunt to beat anymore. Here's a quick video of the car with a ton of belt slip and one of the few times I have driven it. Notice the long shift and how I attempted to roll into it

Testing the gopro - YouTube

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
IRS fully tilted. 98% of time time no wheel hop. My main beef with Sra is on broken pavement,especially in a corner, the rear skips about. I like the way my ftbr IRS handles that. I am a corner guy though. Not so much into straight line.

Users who are viewing this thread