Does this sound like a healthy gt500?

Tighteyes

Established Member
Just got her and only been driving her street and interstate only popped 5k rpms a few times slowly no hard shifts. but she was purchased without a real upgrade list.....other than knowing what exhaust shifter and jlt cold air. I can see a vmp elbow and the blower i dont know i think maybe stock?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Doesn't sound good to me. Also, Power steering fluid is low. Also, it is hard to tell, but I almost hear a vac leak or something whistling.

Tighteyes

Established Member
yeah the steering fluid is low just put a brand new rack in, we think the hose has a small leak. No vacuum leaks had exhaust tested.
Sounds like shit
awesome! good to know lol just wanted to see if this was a straight troll forum and apparently it is, Had the car gone through solid. LOL just wanted to test waters here see if this was a good place to be.

Bad Company

Established Member
awesome! good to know lol just wanted to see if this was a straight troll forum and apparently it is, Had the car gone through solid. LOL just wanted to test waters here see if this was a good place to be.
Maybe I'm being cynical, along with intolerant and irritable, because I haven't slept much in the last two weeks with my wife being in a CCU/ICU, but a post like this won't win you any friends or help with any problems in the future.

Is this forum on GT500s a good place to find good technical information? Yes, in fact it is one of the better forums with members that will try to help you in ways you evidently won't learn to appreciate. Will the members here go out of there way to give you technical information worthy of reading to diagnose or fix a problem? Yes, but when you alienate them in less than one month of membership in only 19 posts, what do you think the response will be to your questions in the future?

Do you think Snoopy will take the time to post a link to a PDF for the complete instructions on diagnosing, tearing apart and rebuilding a rear axle assembly after a comment like the one I quoted? He has went out of his way to send me many emails with complete PDFs of parts of the current Ford service manuals for the problems I've encountered.

My tolerance level is low, but I believe your integrity might just be lower.

I really don't care if my post is removed or if other administrative action is taken for me speaking my mind, but somebody needs to say it.........and I'm being nice with what I said, instead of what I really want to say.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
yeah the steering fluid is low just put a brand new rack in, we think the hose has a small leak. No vacuum leaks had exhaust tested.

Welcome to my ignore list

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

You sound like you'd be a blast at parties.

I'd consider getting someone else to "go through" your car, because it's making a lot of sounds that it shouldn't. In other words, it sounds like shit.

Tighteyes

Established Member
You sound like you'd be a blast at parties.

I'd consider getting someone else to "go through" your car, because it's making a lot of sounds that it shouldn't. In other words, it sounds like shit.
Exactly what sounds are shit, being more descriptive could steer me in the right directions, I have an appointment with pro dyno.

Tighteyes

Established Member
My stupid response was answering your stupid question, and quite frankly it did just that. Make sense?
hardly, you could of been what a friendly member helpful person , and Described what exactly was sounding like shit. because the words sounds like shit doesnt mean a ****ing thing. The most helpful tip was a compression test.

Tighteyes

Established Member
Maybe I'm being cynical, along with intolerant and irritable, because I haven't slept much in the last two weeks with my wife being in a CCU/ICU, but a post like this won't win you any friends or help with any problems in the future.

Is this forum on GT500s a good place to find good technical information? Yes, in fact it is one of the better forums with members that will try to help you in ways you evidently won't learn to appreciate. Will the members here go out of there way to give you technical information worthy of reading to diagnose or fix a problem? Yes, but when you alienate them in less than one month of membership in only 19 posts, what do you think the response will be to your questions in the future?

Do you think Snoopy will take the time to post a link to a PDF for the complete instructions on diagnosing, tearing apart and rebuilding a rear axle assembly after a comment like the one I quoted? He has went out of his way to send me many emails with complete PDFs of parts of the current Ford service manuals for the problems I've encountered.

My tolerance level is low, but I believe your integrity might just be lower.

I really don't care if my post is removed or if other administrative action is taken for me speaking my mind, but somebody needs to say it.........and I'm being nice with what I said, instead of what I really want to say.
Alienate how ? I simply asked for some help in guiding me in a direction i worked hard 8 years to purchase a dream of mine, to come here and ask for advice and help. to get Sounds like shit, but what exactly sounds bad what is it you hear that i dont. I havent seen many of these in my area. My integrity has nothing to do with how the last few people carried themselves on a simple question does this sound healthy?

Tighteyes

Established Member
Doesn't sound good to me. Also, Power steering fluid is low. Also, it is hard to tell, but I almost hear a vac leak or something whistling.
found that the new rack we put in behind the left boot seal is leaking. Causing the sound. Super cool advice!!

MastaAce03

Established Member
Compression and leak down will tell you everything you need to know about the motor. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread