Does this odometer look legit????

stvdman

Established Member
This is an odometer for a very nice looking ealry ninties saleen supercharged coupe. I am not giving much more info as I dont want to necessarily hurt the seller if it looks good. The reason I ask is it is extremely low mileage and the owner is asking for good $$$ for it or trade for something like a 03/04 low mileage Cobra. Any thoughts?

d006d705.gif

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You'll know if the mileage is legit by doing a couple of checks.

1) If the driver's side seat floorboard seems a little flimsy, that is more like 102000 miles.

2) Check to make sure all the door jamb decals are in perfect condition.

Also check for overspray.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Not sure about the odometer...but I would like to see more pictures of the car :)

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I'd say yes. It looks like an actual odometer to me. :D

But check for the condition of the car. If it's pristine, then it should be the true mileage. If there are small things that are ****ed, such as stickers or the seats, then it might not be.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Trust me I know about that car and it is legit. It is an awesome saleen one of not many around. I know the guy selling that car and he is a good guy....if your intrested you should buy it :rockon:

The car is pure perfect.... :thumbsup:

It is a 1993 Factory Supercharged Saleen and there were only 5 total made :eek:

http://www.mustangheaven.com/Production Numbers/saleen.htm

Last edited:

stvdman

Established Member
Well then it IS a very nice car. I was a tad concerned with the way the numbers lined up on the odometer, just didnt know how they should look...straight across or kinda of uneven.

I dont think I could get rid of my Terminator for it, BUT if I was in the market for that particular car, I wouldnt think there would be many others..if ANY, that would be as nice.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Wow.

I'd love that thing, but damn. I beat up on my cars (though I do take care of them), and that is one car I probably wouldn't be able to let myself get crazy with, considering how rare it is.

Users who are viewing this thread