Does this F-150 seem like a good deal?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The value of these in my area seems to be higher than other parts of the country. I'd love to find a 2015 or newer with under 100k for $20k or under.
I've been looking for a couple weeks, and no luck whatsoever. Sure, I can find a bare bones model, but nothing loaded.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
The value of these in my area seems to be higher than other parts of the country. I'd love to find a 2015 or newer with under 100k for $20k or under.
I've been looking for a couple weeks, and no luck whatsoever. Sure, I can find a bare bones model, but nothing loaded.

15+ Lariats are not cheap. Picked up a 15 last Monday and damn near pretty much 30k. Granted Ford certified and stuff but take them awhile to drop price in the N.E.

nickf2005

Established Member
Here's what it's going to come down to. Lower Price, newer truck/lower miles, High Trim. You can have two.

Drop your miles/year or trim expectations... or dig deeper into your wallet.

You're not going to find a loaded (Lariat or Platinum) 2015 4x4 SCREW for $20,000 that doesn't have over 150,000 miles or is already halfway to the junkyard.

In 2017, my 2007 trade in value on a bare bones XLT SCAB with nearly 100,00 miles was $9,800. Figure they sold it for 13 or so? 2015+ trucks are light-years ahead of what the 07 was.

It's not cheap to play the Nice Truck game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
PS, you don't want a moonroof. It's going to break on you and be a 1k+ bill. And if you don't use it, it'll still leak.

Yeah, kinda agree mine was broken on the lot. Had the dealer fix it before I bought it. The rails that break aren't too expensive or bad to do your self though. Paying Ford is a chuck of change.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, kinda agree mine was broken on the lot. Had the dealer fix it before I bought it. The rails that break aren't too expensive or bad to do your self though. Paying Ford is a chuck of change.

Yea my drain lines got clogged/broken routed towards the back.

Have premium care warranty, but the few dealers I like don't have a dedicated water guy, so getting it fixed is a pita.

My first 09-14 truck sunroof broke too, luckily under the warranty. After that, I never cared to use it. I read on the Raptor forums even the new ones still have issues.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah apparently the sunroofs on those are shit.

Also, I didn't like my 6.2 but a lot of guys do. I disliked the way it made power and the fuel economy, it needed to twist like a 5.0 to get the truck moving but in doing so the fuel economy was horrid. Even highway I couldn't best 15 hand calc.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

check the Dearborn Michigan area,
a 2 hour flight and 12 hour ride
back might be worth it....

village ford, jack demmers Ford, etc

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
B3EE9046-8666-4F36-9CBB-934A49D8DF5F.png

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I wouldnt pay 20k for that truck...hell id almost sell my 104k mile 15 5.0 screw for 20k lol

Users who are viewing this thread