Does this Airbag recall affect us?

LS Boss

Established Member
Hey Rebel. i did as you suggested. It appears our Bosses are affected by this recall. I sent an email to my local Ford dealer and have not received a reply yet. It will probably take a long time to resolve as there are millions of car affected besides Ford autos. It appears the manufacturer of these airbags may have been hiding knowledge of these defective products and this issue may be hung up in the courts for years to come before there is resolution on this issue.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Yeah my VIN is coming up now. If they would give me the part so I can replace it then that's fine. I will not however let a "tech" start taking apart stuff in my car. Mine says driver side only, I will roll the dice.

I wonder if Ford will have a swap program, you give them the defected one in exchange for a new one.:read:

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Parts are unavailable for the recall at this time, as its not determined yet how Ford will proceed with the repair at this time.

ford20

Established Member
The dealers have to refix cars they previously did it to because they still don't know what the exact issue is.

LS Boss

Established Member
Wondering if we should request Ford at least disable these airbags until such time a solution is found. Anybody explore this option?

LS Boss

Zemedici

Established Member
Wondering if we should request Ford at least disable these airbags until such time a solution is found. Anybody explore this option?

LS Boss

Given the small percentage of failures at this time, as well as the safety advantages of an airbag deploying in the case of an accident, I don't think this would be a good option.

LS Boss

Established Member
Given the small percentage of failures at this time, as well as the safety advantages of an airbag deploying in the case of an accident, I don't think this would be a good option.
Are you aware there are anecdotal reports that some/all of these bags are ejecting shrapnel when they trigger. I do not feel very comfortable knowing this when I am driving my auto. Are you?

LS Boss

Zemedici

Established Member
Are you aware there are anecdotal reports that some/all of these bags are ejecting shrapnel when they trigger. I do not feel very comfortable knowing this when I am driving my auto. Are you?

LS Boss

I'm well aware of the reports as I work for a Ford Dealership.

And yes, I drive people's 14s all the time. Have you realized the actual percentage of reported failures vs cars covered under the recall?

Not to mention it is federally illegal for a dealership to disable an airbag. Would you like the dealership to attach ejection seats at the same time?

honus

Established Member
ejecto-seato-cuz.jpg

Obvious retort....

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I'm not a fan of service departments in general.... But I guess we have to get this recall done.

JStaton

Established Member
It's probably going to end up being similar to how Honda is handling the recall and since the recall just came out, expect a large backorder and lots of waiting

nosscort

Established Member
Called several dealers to get the take on it.. What I was being told by them all was if the airbag light has not come on than there is no need to take it in until further notified by FORD itself

Zemedici

Established Member
Called several dealers to get the take on it.. What I was being told by them all was if the airbag light has not come on than there is no need to take it in until further notified by FORD itself

Precisely, as taking the vehicle to the dealership at this time will do no good, as parts still aren't available to perform the recall.

Users who are viewing this thread