does the boost bypass mod make a difference?

NSSVT

Established Member
has anyone on here done the boost bypass mos. and if so, did you notice any difference in performance. i can get all the parts except the rubber elbow which is the 1/8"x5/32". cant find one anywhere here in halifax nova scotia.

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
has anyone on here done the boost bypass mos. and if so, did you notice any difference in performance. i can get all the parts except the rubber elbow which is the 1/8"x5/32". cant find one anywhere here in halifax nova scotia.

i did notice a difference.

stock my truck would just dump the boost at 8 lbs.

after the bypass, it seemed to creep to 10-11ish

for $2.00 u can't go wrong

RMoore92

Established Member
I did it about 8 months ago. I did notice the boost not dropping during the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Before the bypass mod I was dropping 1.5-2 PSI during the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
unplug the solenoid when racing...and thats it.
however for the most part it does jack shit...at least on my truck and one other i can think of off hand

ecoastkid

Established Member
If anyone actually gains anything from this, its because the acuator isnt adjusted properly. It takes one wrench and 5 min to do. As for unplugging it while racing, do your burn outs in 2nd and dont bounce of the rev limiter...I do my burnouts between 4 and 5K...no probs. I have never once unplugged it.

Users who are viewing this thread