Does the Accufab requrie grinding?

JSHTROD

Established Member
I'm buying a Accufab TB for the wife's 98 cobra.

Does it require modifying of the intake at all?

:shrug:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I think that a throttle body is not a real worth while mod on our cars. I think you should get her something else. gears, shifter... Just my .02.

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
I think that a throttle body is not a real worth while mod on our cars. I think you should get her something else. gears, shifter... Just my .02.

That's not really what I was asking.

FWIW...

It's a 98 Cobra with offroad H pipe, shifter, 4.30's, UD pullies, TA and K&N.

It has recently developed a nasy habit of a hanging idle.

I've done a LOT of research, and it can be caused by a TB. So... time to replace it.

:p

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I see. I didn't mean to get off topic, just thought I give you my opinon in case you were looking for a throttle body to be an hp mod.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
The accufab is a single blade tb. You have to grind some of the intake to match the blade. Just got to make the 2 holes in to one large oblong hole..very easy to do. Try to do this with the intake off the car to prevent shavings and grinding material from getting into the engine.

Last edited:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
when i did mine, i just shoved some shop towels down in the intake and had a shop vac running right next to the dremel when i was cutting, no biggie at all. i just used a dremel, and used the new accufab gasket to outline where i needed to cut and didn't have any problems. when you first get the accufab on its still gonna have the hang till the computer learns it, went away in 3 drive cycles i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread