Does the 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 still representing our legendary heritage?

Alensvsix

Established Member
Since Im not blessed with undefeatable writing skills, I made an video of my oppinion on the the newer Mustang models introduced on the new york auto show.
I really would like to know if anyone of you also actually recognized the 99-04 Mustang design theme and have the same opinion as I have in the vid on the overall look!
Im really interested on your opinion...as I might preorder an 2015 to be the first owner.
Like mentioned, well see the responses on here and then act :banana:
Have a wonderfull, successfull and most important healthy year!!!

2015 Mustang GT 5.0 - YouTube

Cheers

-JB

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Some love it, some hate it, aka....

giphy.gif

Alensvsix

Established Member
In answer to the original question...yes.
Hmmm....so you also see similiarities.
It was not long ago, lets say 2011 when I was speaking to an responsible Ford engineer and more or less begging to put a few design snippets into the newer models, because I wanted to buy an brand new 2003/2004 Cobra, that was my original thought.
Now looking at the design Im not pleased..
Yes they have the exact size of the hood as the 99-04
Yes the width fender to fender is exact same as the 99-04s
BUT
I just have a hard time feeling the front grill...maybe in person itll grow on me...I really dont know....

Alensvsix

Established Member
English isn't your first language? Where are you from?

Its pretty loud in here, celebrating new year...so I got a lill messed up.
Sorry.
To answer your question Im rocking the streetz of europe, at the moment ;-).

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I am a little confused here. If you already dislike everything about the 2015 car, why do say you may preorder one based on the response from the thread. I know you are rocking the streets of Germany after a few beers but you need to work on your video skills as well or leave it to the pro. Happy new year and time for more beers:beer:

Alensvsix

Established Member
I am a little confused here. If you already dislike everything about the 2015 car, why do say you may preorder one based on the response from the thread. I know you are rocking the streets of Germany after a few beers but you need to work on your video skills as well or leave it to the pro. Happy new year and time for more beers:beer:
LoL
Newer said Im a pro video maker...

Im just courious how the ( my ) crowd here thinks about the 2015.
Well you since Iam ( obviously ) biased (having a 2013) I might see the 2015 blurred through my 2013 fan boy glasses.
Now thats why I need neutral responses, wich will as mentioned lead me into the right direction, feel me? If not...after a six pack ya will :rolling:
Happy New year, man!

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

I see no representation to the new edge mustangs thank goodness! Where did you get the info on the width and hood lengths? Something sounds odd...

Personally I like the look of the new mustang. I love the back but the front still needs work. I like the rear hips, wider rear tires, irs, without gaining much weight if at all. I am hoping the interior is bigger. The 04+ mustang grew bigger but seemed to have the same small int dimensions of the new edge. Why?
The front is way too rounded making it look bigger than it is and reminds me the bobsleds disneyland. Does not look strong and aggressive to me.

The performance is awesome as it should be an improvement. The new base gt with just the track pack option is running times faster than the Boss LS edition on track. Remember Boss LS mustang was turning laps faster than the E92 M3.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Hmmm....so you also see similiarities.
It was not long ago, lets say 2011 when I was speaking to an responsible Ford engineer and more or less begging to put a few design snippets into the newer models, because I wanted to buy an brand new 2003/2004 Cobra, that was my original thought.
Now looking at the design Im not pleased..
Yes they have the exact size of the hood as the 99-04
Yes the width fender to fender is exact same as the 99-04s
BUT
I just have a hard time feeling the front grill...maybe in person itll grow on me...I really dont know....

What I am saying is...simply...Yes...the new 2015 definitely carries the Mustang Heritage...to new heights. This answers the question posited in the title of your thread. The 2015 is pretty much how I would have designed it back in 2005. I agree that anything much smaller would not be what I...and most in The World...would consider legit American Muscle worthy of the Mustang name. I think the current design could be tightened up front and back a bit...but I like it as it is...a lot. Any significantly smaller Ford performance car would have to be the Focus RS...4-door with AWD...but not a Mustang. The '15 is just about perfection in my mind...but I can see a further evolution coming (less Fusion-esque front fascia, maybe less overhang front and rear) ...but not significantly smaller. And they can't lose the essential Mustang cues...without losing the Mustang essence completely.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

In my opinion, this is the hottest Mustang Ford has produced since the 1969 Fastback.

And as ON D BIT said, the base GT with the PP has surpassed the Boss LS on the track. That is crazy to think because what will the higher-end version bring to the table? Ford has their crap together and they are turning out class leading cars and the Mustang is no exception. As I said, the Mustang is going to be kicking ass and taking names.

boduke0220

Established Member
id say yes, the mustang was made to appeal to everyone ( supposed to anyways) and its still doing that since fords taking it overseas. some people like to think of the mustang as a road course car, or drag oriented car..etc. IMO its a well balanced and well priced car that does everyone good, it doesn't do anything GREAT. but is well rounded. and plus our aftermarket can turn your car into whatever you want it to be lol

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Wow that vid was a little painful to watch. No offense but it was awkward to say the least.

Just a bit of advice, you should like something because YOU like it. You don't need other people telling you why you should like something or not. If you decide to like something because everyone else likes it, you're just fallowing the crowd. Pretty lame.

Users who are viewing this thread