Does that look right ?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Roush Stage 3 convertible auto, It made 468rwhp and 371rwtq with the stock Roush tune.

Then I installed the following : 82mm pulley, belt, 1 degree colder spark plugs, cobra jet tb and a tune. Now it makes 519rwhp and 474rwtq. Dynosheet here (Sorry for the horrible quality, that's how I received it :().

It doesn't have anything else done other than what I said, fully stock exhaust etc...

Does that look right to you guys ? Would I benefit from a different tune ?

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
That's impressive peak #'s you gained. Stout #'s for sure from an auto. But it is always worthwhile IMO to get a dyno tune after making changes like that anyway to dial in a/f. And with as choppy as that looks there is probably more in your setup also

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
The thing is, the car is currently in Indiana and I'm in Qatar. The car will get shipped as soon as possible. I don't think they dyno tuned it. I think it's only a canned tuned (from JDM) for the upgrades they did.

I can do the next best thing when the car gets here, which is an email tune. Do you guys think it would be better than this canned tune?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It does look right. Acoording to VMP, that 82mm pulley will only give you about 2 more lbs of boost over stock, maybe 1.5. So, to pick up 50 rwhp and almost 100 ftlbs is very respectible for a little more boost and a better tune. Not sure that the TB benifited you in any way.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I'm new to modding so I didn't know whether the TB was needed or not.

574 is respectable, I wanna go to the mid 500's. Is my car making 519 because it's an auto?

What do you guys recommend for easy (affordable) mods to raise the hp? Can't do exhaust work because of our strict emission regulations. And do I have to worry about fuel upgrades now ?

I just want my car to run 10's when it gets here. I'm not sure if it would in its current condition.

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
First thing I would do is get rid of that stock intake. If you get a better/nicer intake from someone like JLT with a big ass open element filter, that's going to increase your RWHP by a bunch. More boost is always an option too. Without the A/F on the graph, hard to tell how spot on the tune is as well.

Probably wont run 10s at 520 RWHP. I could only muster low 11s with my 03 Cobra at about that power level.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
After looking at the dyno sheet again, I would guess your car is running pretty rich up top judging by the way the torque drops off.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
They told me that this is a "conservative" tune.
When it gets here I'm gonna get a JLT Air intake and order a tune from Justin.
Is there a specific JLT intake to get?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yes, JLT make a specific intake for 2011-12 Roush/Whipple cars.

It looks conservative to me, so not a surprise. I bet with a better tune and a CAI, you could be looking at 30-40 more RWHP. Justin knows his stuff when it comes to tuning these cars and will probably be who I go with as well.

Bud

Established Member
I say leave the car as is but order up a VMP tune. Take it to the track and run the tune it is on and see what it does. Load up the VMP tune and take it for a short drive so any trans learning that is needed can happen and make some runs with it. Your setup at low elevation, in good air, with good traction should get you solid 10's. Quite a few with similar setups have done it, convertibles included.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I say leave the car as is but order up a VMP tune. Take it to the track and run the tune it is on and see what it does. Load up the VMP tune and take it for a short drive so any trans learning that is needed can happen and make some runs with it. Your setup at low elevation, in good air, with good traction should get you solid 10's. Quite a few with similar setups have done it, convertibles included.

Solid idea, I will do just that.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
first wait till the car gets to you, then you need to datalog it. i imagine your environment is alot different than here in the states or where it was tuned. then you can send that fiel to Justin or who ever you decide to do the tune. second, if your set on get an intake for the Roush you can check the market section, i know there is a guy with a white JLT kit for sale. i say that as i saw your avatar has a white car just not sure if it's yours.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Yeah my car is performance white as well. That's a great suggestion, so you mean I don't have to get it dyno tuned while it's in the U.S. because of the different environment, am I correct ?

I like that JLT intake, if I bought that, would I run into fuel supply issues since the car will pick up some more boost and it's already at 9.5psi with the 82mm pulley, stock fuel pump and roush injectors. I don't wanna screw anything up.

Quick question, did the bigger throttle body do anything at all ? I'm not sure if I even needed it and I feel stupid for getting convinced to buy it.

Last edited:

nocobrafornow

Established Member
yes i think the dyno tune being done in the states would be a waste,things like humidity, altitude you elevation it being hotter all those things will play into it,also the fuel you have available to would be diferent. if there is a dyno local to you, that would be the first priority, have the air fuel checked, but i would still check with Justin or whoever you are going to use and make sure he can do the remote tuning. you datalog on the dyno send him a file and so forth.
i personally wouldn't do much more than the cai and new tune, as far as fuel system i suggest talking to Justin for what injectors you might need and unless you just want to spend the money on a fuel system, i would look into a boosta pump. mainly just find a tuner you trust as him the same ?'s and stick with him. as far as the t-body i have never tried one but i have heard good and bad resluts so to me it's a wash. if you have any other ?'s pm me.

Bud

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread