Does pulley improve mph?

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
How many mile mph will increase? Is it depending on pulley size?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Yea its deffentially a no-brainer... How do you think most people are trapping 120

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Any more questions?, like does pushing the gas pedal allow a car to move forward faster.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Originally posted by FKing1
With all the posts under your Avatar, can't believe you would ask this question! You must be kidding.

You may surprised from my Q's but See the link

U can read this part (a set of Auto Specialties street pulleys will increase horsepower by 12-15, and increase mileage by 2 to 3 MPG.):read:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
ok those are for a ls1.....undrive..no pulleys do not increase mph..they fool the clock that you are going faster through the traps...big conspiracy man

lethal

Established Member
Saad's asking about mpg, not mph.

A pulley could influence mpg, but its more of a combination of your stock car's mpg, add in all the other mods, add in the pulley, and finally a tune.

If you keep the air/fuel ratio the same ... then you should not see any increase in mileage... its very simple math, really.

For instance... someone takes a stock cobra, tune is pig rich, add cai, catback and a 3.2 pulley with no tune, since the tables in the computer have not been altered you should get about the same gas mileage. I will say tho that with these mods it is proven that the air/fuel does change, the computer is comensating differently (due to the engine moving more air through the system) and you may see an slight increase in mileage.

I may not have explained that perfectly, but those are my thoughts =)

John

FKing1

Established Member
saadcobra:
Sorry about my smart a** answer, but , you need to be a bit clearer on what the question is.
Are you talking underdrive pulleys, supercharger pulley and miles per hour (mph) or miles per gallon (mpg). The link is for underdrive pulleys.
Fred K.

ModsAway

Established Member
I think he is talking about underdrive pullies and they are a complete waste of time in my opinion and I have also heard they put unwanted stress on your accessories.

I have also heard that you may no longer be supplying sufficient power, IE headlights dim at idle and this kind of nonsense. With issues such as stalling with these cars already I would NOT monkey with underdrive pullies just for 5-10hp

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I had underdrive pulleys on my 86 GT and got a little kick from them, but don't think it's real applicable to the Terminators........

Users who are viewing this thread