does mendrobent

edk18

Established Member
I think you mean mandrel bent? Yes it makes a difference it makes for much smoother bends. Basically as the exhaust is bent there is something inside the pipe that helps it keep its shape. If a mandrel is not used the pipe will deform and not be smooth through the bends can be a decrease in diameter at the bend or a series of small kinks depending on the bender.

killer2vgt

Established Member
I think you mean mandrel bent? Yes it makes a difference it makes for much smoother bends. Basically as the exhaust is bent there is something inside the pipe that helps it keep its shape. If a mandrel is not used the pipe will deform and not be smooth through the bends can be a decrease in diameter at the bend or a series of small kinks depending on the bender.

yes thats wat i ment and would the brand matter??

edk18

Established Member
Brand makes a difference as well, but mainly in terms of sound. All your major brands should be of good quality i.e. Bassani, magnaflow, borla, corsa, Mac, slp etc. But the type and design the of mufflers they use varies thus they each offer a different sound. Currently my car has a Bassani o/r x-pipe and a Bassani 3" cat back and it is loud and a bit raspy. I like it but some might not. Check out YouTube videos as well they have a bunch of clips of cars with different setups.

killer2vgt

Established Member
okay cause i had done my exhaust likt the cobra threw under my diff really messed with my bak pressure

killer2vgt

Established Member
if u look at my previous thread u can see i ran my exhaust under the diff and lost alot of back pressure

Users who are viewing this thread